Room of memories

Estasblished relationship

Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

TW: Stranger Things season 4 vol.2 spoilers. Death

A/N : It's quite sad but I tried to put fluff. It's also a bit long

You couldn't believe that you were driving back to his place. The place where your life changed forever with no going back, shattered fates and hearts. You felt tears brimming to your eyes with all the images of your last moments together on this earth replaying in your head like a broken record, blurring the road ahead of you. But you couldn't allow yourself to let your emotions flow that way despite the fact that everything reminded you of Eddie's presence or absence, should I say. The old mixtapes laying there, the full ashtray, the stain he made with his burger on the dashboard and even his old jacket on the backseat, it was like you were just driving him home while he's sound asleep on the passenger seat. You could almost hear his light snores. Like the good ol' time. You wanted to live in this kind of memory forever but every single time the image of his eyes going dull flashed in your head and struck you like lightning. You even heard his last words, 'I love you Y/N', countless times with every gust of wind. As if he used it to send you love words from the beyond. You always smile through your tears when it happens and whisper sweet words, hoping that he'll receive them somehow. Every sunrise reminded you of his bright smile and every sunset, the way his brown eyes seemed to take a honey color. You always tried to remember the good moments with him and they were legion. With someone like Eddie by your side, the roughest moment always felt easier. But now you had to go through this alone or almost. That's the precise reason you were driving. The tears made their way to your cheeks by now, making it difficult to see.

At the simple idea of going back to the trailer, you wanted to jump off a cliff but you had to help his uncle through this. Eddie was his only family left, his 'son' and now he was all alone with his grief. He was practically family to you, like a second father. He was devastated and you couldn't leave him that way. When you arrived in his driveway, you parked your car and took Eddie's jacket on the backseat to wrap yourself in it. It still had his scent, as if he just gave it to you after wearing it all day long. It made you feel a little better. You couldn't help but glance at the exact place where he breathed his last breath, even though it was in fact in the Upside Down.It looked like flowers grew in the exact place you had to leave Eddie. Flowers you never saw there before. It brought a small smile on your lips. You then found the courage to walk to the trailer's door and knock. The door creaked loudly and Eddie's uncle appeared. When you set eyes on Wayne, you could feel all his emotions on his face. He had dark circles under his eyes, his wrinkles more pronounced than usual and his cheeks were stained with dried tears..He seemed to have lost weight too. Before any words were exchanged, he took you in his arms. You returned his hug. When you parted, he glanced at you with a small smile and said with a sob evident in his voice 'Thank you for coming here, Y/N'. He looked like he was about to burst into tears at any moment, probably due to the jacket and its scent, but seemed to control it for both of your sakes. 'You're welcome, Mr Munson.' He smiled weakly. 'I already told you that you can call me Wayne.' You smiled too. 'Sorry, some habits are hard to lose.' He smiled again and got out of the way to invite you inside. You obliged and what you saw made your heart clench even more. It was messier than usual, the windows were closed so as to not let any ray of sunshine go through them, cans of beer scattered on the floor and cigarette's butts everywhere. You were practically sure that there were shattered plates on the sink. He closed the door and gestured you to the couch while he took a chair. You sat and waited for him to say something. He just looked everywhere and the silence quickly became awkward. It was maybe his way to grieve, having someone with him and staying silent ? But then you saw him glancing at you hesitantly. You decided that it was time to break the silence. You cleared your throat and took all your courage to talk.