31.

"This is scarily quiet." Bambam muttered, looking out of the window while Taecyeon parked the van.

Nayeon nodded along, agreeing with his words and even though none of the others respond, the tension on their faces were enough to tell that they're thinking the same.

Other than the cars parked in the basement, there weren't anyone else. With all the shoppers being held hostage, that's bound to be expected. What makes this whole situation tense was the fact that there weren't any androids either; they had expected a hoard of them to be waiting but what greeted them was just an empty basement and complete silence.

"So what's the plan?" Jinyoung asked once the car is parked. "Do we all go at once?"

"Sorry Jinyoung," Taecyeon unbuckled the seat belt and turned his body slightly, just enough to be able to look at him. "We will have to leave it to you first."

"Excuse me?"

"We need all androids out of the store first and that's—"

"Just five of them." Mark answered Taecyeon's silent question.

"I can do that I guess—"

"And twenty others outside." Mark continued which killed all the words that Jinyoung had in his mouth. He looked at Jinyoung then at Taecyeon and asked. "So, do I help?"

"No, I will do it." Jinyoung answered with a determined look. "You guys do what you need to do. Ah I really should have written a will."

Everyone smiled a little at Jinyoung's attempt to ease the tension but that was just for a while.

"We won't let you down, Jinyoung." Sunmi said then looked at everyone else. "Shall we go?"

Bambam closed his MacBook and after putting it aside, he got out of the van which he was followed by Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Mark opened the other side and got out too, Jinyoung behind him. With their actions as the reply to Sunmi's question, both Taecyeon and her got out too.

This is definitely a do or die situation.

"What's the situation out there now? Are the people okay?" Nayeon whispered. They were all huddled by the exit of the emergency staircase but only Jinyoung could get a full view of what's happening.

"Yeah, it's the same." Jinyoung replied quietly and kept his gaze on the situation outside. "Also, if you don't want to be recognised, put on those caps and masks I gave you. I'm going now."

With those words, he pushed open the door and walked out quietly, not wanting to expose the others. But as he walked out to a more exposed area, he could see the androids giving him all their attention.

"Can I back out now?" Jinyoung whispered, knowing that everyone else could hear him from their bluetooth communication system.

"We won't take long." Taecyeon assured but it was Bambam's words that got Jinyoung fired up.

"Do it and Jeongyeon will kiss you after all these."

"Wha—"

"Deal!" Jinyoung said before Jeongyeon could object, then looked in front to face the androids again. He knew that the people around them had recognised him too but they had more serious issue to handle. Taking in a deep breath, he yelled. "Hey assholes! The Park Jinyoung your boss wants is here, come get me!"

"That sure helped a lot." Nayeon snorted in amusement after Jinyoung announced his presence.

"I did not agree to it tho." Jeongyeon muttered and put on the cap, pulling it lower to hide her growing blush.