01.

It was supposed to be just like any other day; she would come back from her lectures, help out at the cyber café her family owns while doing her assignments at the same time then, bringing Kookeu out for his daily walk.

Yet, who knew a usual daily walk could turn her life upside down?

The gentle tug on the leash first caught Nayeon's attention while she was focusing on her phone. She had initially ignored it, thinking that her dog was just distracted by some movements like he usually would. However, almost at the next second, the tug got stronger and before she could react, the leash slipped off her wrist and Kookeu ran off.

"Kookeu!" Nayeon shouted, chasing after the cream coloured small dog which was sprinting towards the streets, away from the park. However, her actions only made the small dog run even faster away from her.

Nayeon stopped in her tracks after a short while of running, a deep frown on her face as she breathed heavily. She really should have worked out like how she's been writing that in her new year's resolutions every year.

"Kookeu, you stupid dog!"

Nayeon yelled again and mustered all her energy to continue the chase. Just when she thought that she's finally caught up to her dog, the small animal shifted his attention away from the bushes and continued his run.

A loud groan of frustration left Nayeon's lips, her hands on her hips while she watched the small dog ran further away. All these chasing probably had been more than the workout she had done that year.

"You're kidding me." Nayeon muttered to herself as she witnessed Kookeu entering a store. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes briefly to calm her own breathing before she strode towards the entrance.

A small smile formed on her lips when she saw the small dog sniffing at the corner of the store. Nayeon walked up to him and picked the dog up into her arms.

"Stupid dog." She scolded him and despite the words, the tone in her voice was playful as she nuzzled her face into the thick fur of the dog.

While walking out of the store, Nayeon raised her head and finally had a good look around the place. It was a bookstore. Was there a bookstore like this all along? But, she did run a few streets down away from where her family's shop was, so it's normal if she's never noticed it before.

The next thing Nayeon noticed was how empty the bookstore was. It's completely understandable if there weren't any customers in the store however, the owner was nowhere in sight either.

And that had perked the girl's interest.

With Kookeu still in her arms, Nayeon walked around the store. Now that she had really looked around carefully, she realized how vintage the place was. Instead of the bright lights most stores had, the one she's at was dimmed which gave the wooden shelves a nice timber colour.

The next thing that caught her eyes was the expensive looking small sculpture by the corner of an empty shelf. Unable to contain her curiousity, Nayeon stepped forward, hoping to get a closer look at it.

However, the troublemaker in her arms decided to slam his two little front paws on the small sculpture which caused it to shift a little. Nayeon gently hit the bottom of her dog, giving him a firm 'no' before she looked around. The owner might come back any time and she really didn't want to get into any trouble.

Carefully and quietly, she shifted the sculpture back into its original position. However, her action was what triggered the opening of another door right in front of her.