24.

Despite having Sunmi back again and having a direction to head towards, Taecyeon along with Sunmi, Mark and Bambam were still having a hard time to undo the brainwashing. They still have to knock Jisung out a few times in a day.

"He is still human right?" Bambam couldn't help but asked during dinner even though it's a mutual understanding between them to not bring up anything unless it's related to the codes. "Why doesn't he need food and water like us?"

However, instead of getting shushed by Taecyeon and Sunmi, it was silence that answered him. He quietly observed the expression on the other three; they're thinking.

"Was it because of the coding..." He asked again, this time a little more careful. "Or is it like Captain America or the Winter Soldier? What if the program affect the whole nervous system?"

"You can do that?" Taecyeon turned to look at Sunmi and put down his bowl and utensils.

"It's been years and me getting brainwashed myself is affecting my memories..." Sunmi stopped eating too and answered, her voice getting softer as she looked at Mark. "But, I'm trying to trace the coding back to the original one."

Mark did not make a direct response to them but instead he put down his bowl and utensils, standing up at the same time.

"I'm done and I'm heading out for a while."

The other three could only watched his back leave the basement.

"Will he be okay?" Sunmi's voice was filled with concern and a tinge of guilt. "Should I go after him?"

"Leave him be." Taecyeon placed a hand on Sunmi's clenched on. "He's an adult now, he just needs some time to clear his mind."

Sunmi nodded as a small smile formed on her lips.

As for Bambam, he had sent a text message.

Nayeon stared at the message Bambam just sent to her. It's not that they hadn't been staying in contact but it was the content that caught her attention.

'Mark headed out. We were discussing about Jisung's situation so, maybe he might go to you."

"Why would he come to me?" Nayeon muttered then put her phone aside to focus on her computer. She still have a dummy program to write for her final year. But again, will he be okay alone? Should she go to the park and check since he's always there when he's upset? Kookeu need a walk anyway.

Nayeon messed her hair up in frustration.

Why the hell is she thinking about these when her thesis is more important?

"Oi."

Nayeon lifted her head to look at where the familiar voice came from and her jaw dropped slightly as she took another glance at her phone. Mark's standing right by the entrance of her family's cafe.

"What are you doing here?" She put her phone aside and stood up from her seat. "You've quitted your job."

"Do you still have the lollipop you gave me before?"

Nayeon blinked. What is this man trying to say?

"I ran out of them—"

"It's okay then."

"Wait!" Nayeon rushed up to Mark and grabbed his wrist with her two hands. "Let's go for ice cream instead."

She gave him a sheepish smile when he turned around to look at her. After a second of silence, Mark pushed her hand away and pulled his cap down.