10.

The tension in the small space of the truck was impalpable. Everyone dropped their stuff when Bambam contacted them about finding new clues on the whereabouts of Jeongyeon's family.

The silence that's filling the air made Nayeon nervous. She had already knew that Jaebum and Jinyoung weren't able to get along that well but this was the first time she had witnessed such a heated argument between them. Nayeon glanced around secretly and noticed that Bambam looked as nervous as she was.

Was this actually the first time they were fighting this badly?

No one made any sound. Mark was focused on the computer screen although Nayeon could tell that he was actually listening to the whole situation. Jeongyeon wasn't making any suggestion at all. Bambam managed to catch Nayeon's attention and the latter could tell that he was hinting her to do something.

It took a few seconds of eye contact communication before Nayeon took in a deep breath. However, before she could even attempt to ease the tension, Jinyoung spoke up.

"So you're not going to do anything?" His voice was calm but everyone could hear the anger in it. "You're asking us to sit here and do nothing?"

"Yes" That was Jaebum's reply, his tone eerily calm.

"It's been days!" Jinyoung bellowed, unable to keep his cool anymore. "If we wait any longer, they might be in bigger danger!"

"Like I've mentioned, we are still unsure if it's the right place!" Not being able to hide his annoyance, Jaebum raised his voice too. "Or it could be a trap! It almost feels like they were blatantly telling us the location! I know you're a narcissistic ass but you're never this reckless!"

"Well," Jinyoung inhaled deeply as he threw a glare at Jaebum. "If you're not going to help, I will go alone."

He stayed firm on his stand as he grabbed his black cap, ignoring Bambam's attempt to stop him from leaving the truck. However, Jaebum was fast enough to hold him back as he gripped tightly onto the other man's shirt.

"I don't want to hear all that crap." Jaebum asserted, his grip onto Jinyoung's shirt tightening. "I'm definitely not letting any of you get into danger."

He pushed Jinyoung back harshly after his words.

"You coward." Jinyoung hissed.

"Let's listen to boss." Jeongyeon who had been quiet all these while finally spoke up.

"Jeongyeon, what?" Jinyoung turned around swiftly to look at the girl, a look of disbelief obvious on his face.

"I said, let's listen to boss." Jeongyeon insisted as everyone focused their attention on her. Even Mark turned his chair around to face her. "I don't want any of you to get hurt because of me and my issues."

"Isn't getting hurt part of this whole thing we are in?" Jinyoung scoffed quietly.

"Then let's stop doing stupid things and prevent ourselves to get hurt even more." Jeongyeon looked up and spoke in a rare cold voice. "Ever since Mark and Nayeon got hurt a few months ago, we've been under a low profile. I can't let anyone get hurt because of me."

"You know," Bambam quietly spoke up, asking for attention from the others. "Remember how Taecyeon's guess was that they were trying to find out who we are? What if this was an attempt too?"

"So, we are just going to leave her family be because we need to hide our identity?" Jinyoung retorted and rolled his eyes. "What are we? A bunch of selfish cowards?"

"We just want to protect each other, Jinyoung." Jeongyeon answered, her voice getting softer. "So, please."

Jinyoung looked around at the rest of the team then put on his cap, leaving the truck without saying a word.