13.

"Korea?" Bambam stood up from his seat abruptly when Taecyeon told them his suspicions. "Then why can't we ever find her?"

Nayeon and Jeongyeon both shared a worried glance. They had been called over too because they're part of the hackers but there was a limit to what the both of them can do since neither of them had really met Sunmi.

"I have no idea, Bambam." Taecyeon muttered; his elbows on his thigh while his fingers interlaced together. "But the recent hacking war you had with that army of androids, one of their security coding belongs to her. She was the one who came up with it."

"Her security wasn't this bad," Mark spoke up. "I've seen how her coding works. Bambam and Nayeon said everything was too easy."

"You didn't do any of the hacking, right?" Taecyeon sat up straight again to look at Mark. "If you did, you would recognise it too. It's definitely hers."

"What should we do to track her down then!" Bambam interrupted the conversation, his voice raised slightly. Knowing that things were going bad, Nayeon and Jeongyeon went to his side and gave him a pat on his shoulders on each side as if telling him to calm down.

Which he did, thankfully.

"What do we have to do?" Bambam asked again, this time his voice softer and calmer but more serious.

"Trace the security back. It's going to take a while because the hacking war was about a month ago but it's the only way. We have to hack into their security system again." Taecyeon explained. "This time, I will be joining the four of you."

"But—" Nayeon raised her hand timidly since the atmosphere was really tensed at the moment. "Neither Jeongyeon and I know the coding and the way she does things."

"I will teach you." Taecyeon answered immediately. "You, Jeongyeon and Bambam. All of you need to know the special coding we use in order to trace them back to the origin."

"Let's get to work then." Bambam who was mostly laid-back urged.

-----

Another week had passed and Nayeon had not seen Bambam at all lately. Not in the campus; not in the truck and definitely not hanging out with her and Mark. Talking about the latter, she hadn't been seeing him much either. He would still appear in the cafe for his work shift and he would as a routine, walk her home. She was used to just being the one talking and getting responses like 'yeah' but recently, she didn't even dare to talk much.

He was always frowning; not his usual expressionless face but a frown was always visible on his forehead.

"Want one?"

Mark stared at the lollipop that appeared suddenly in his vision instead of the floor. He looked up and saw the smiling face of Nayeon.

"You are always frowning lately, so—" Nayeon held out the lollipop closer to his face this time. "Eat something sweet. It might help get rid of the frown on your face."

"I'm not frowning." Mark walked past Nayeon who was in front of him earlier.

"It's all over your face." Nayeon chased after Mark then stopped in front of him again, holding the lollipop out. "It's making you really ugly, take it."

A short silence took over them but that got Nayeon impatient. She then took Mark's hand into hers and shoved the lollipop onto it, closing his fingers to make sure he's holding onto the lollipop.

"Don't be stubborn." Nayeon smiled then turned away. "I can walk home by myself. Go back and do what you need to. Bye!"

Mark stared at the girl's back which was getting further from him then took a glance down at the lollipop in his hand.