Enjoy your water!

Scarlett POV

"There you are! Where have you been?" Elise practically yells at me,

"I-I'm sorry?" I start to laugh before I realise she is serious.

She stares at me expectantly,

"Sorry-did I miss something?" I ask,

"More like what you were going to miss! Did you not see the crowd in the quad?!" She yanks my arm towards her and hurries off, dragging me behind her, I might add.

"El! What's going on?" I shriek and she abruptly stops and pushes me near the front of the crowd.

"Dan and Nick are going to have a fight, and you almost missed it!"

What? Why! Why would they be fighting? Why would Nick get into a fight?

"What the hell? Why would they fight! Why are they fighting?!" I rush out

I hope that Dan doesn't ruin Nicks gorgeous face!

I turn to hear Elise burst out laughing. shit. I did NOT just say that out loud, did I?!

'W-What?!"

"Look at Nicks face, he's petrified" she laughs.

Good, she didn't hear me...wait what?

"He's not petrified! He's acting" I say hopefully.

"Yeah? Wow he's a great actor then!" She adds sarcastically, "like, really great, he should be in 'Days of our lives'"

"Why are they fighting?!"

"Scar, it's an attention seeking thing, they're not actually mad at each other" she rolls her eyes at me.

"Uh, ok, if you say so..." I chew the inside of my cheek, waiting for whatever is going to happen.

The two guys are obviously doing it the old wrestling way. They walk in an 'intimidating' circle facing each other.

"3, 2, 1, FIGHT!" Dan's best friend Jack yells.

I watch worryingly, as Dan lunges for Nick. Nick dodges out of the way in the most uncoordinated way possible. He spins and his body is turned my way. That's when we lock eyes and he stands still, as do I.

Unsure of whether to shake my head and tell him to stop, or whether to smile, I shake my head and smile. He grins at me, then Dan throws a punch at Nicks cheek.

"Fuck!" Nick yells.

"Yes!" Dan yells,
"I won! I fucking won!"

I turn to Elise,
"He won? But all he did was punch him"

"Oh my god Scarlett, do you seriously not know how these things work?"

"Clearly, not..."

"First one to throw a punch or something wins. Nick stopped trying to defend himself so Dan got a clear shot. Dan won!"

Elise has only been crushing on Dan for a little while, but she's been crushing bad. Dans the typical golden boy, blonde hair, tan skin, good at school-and obviously a hit with the ladies.

"Oooh, how cute Elsie"
She hates the name Elsie...and me mentioning her 'crush'

"Shuddup!" She mumbles while blushing,
"Well, we better head off to class, everyone else is leaving." Elise grabs my arm again and tries to pull me away.

"Wait. I need to actually talk to Nick, right? I should do it now...i have an excuse to?"

Elise beams at me,
"You are confident enough to? Wow Scar, where did all of this confidence come from?" She laughs.