CHAPTER LXIX (iii): Πίσω από το φως του ανατέλλοντος ηλίου

069.3- BEHIND THE RISING SUN'S LIGHT

NICOLLIEN

The god Apollo's bane is indeed the scion of the elder three.

The elder three... meant the elder cyclopes who forged the god Zeus' thunderbolts. The ones who helped the mighty Typhon escape from the lower forges of Mount Etna. Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali...

This one's the son created by Arges, Brontes, and Steropes.

"Elatreus.", one of the versions of the myths stated that he was the one who killed the god Asclepius back then, the Greek god of medicine. Elatreus faced the wrath of the god Apollo afterwards, by paying for it with his own life.

He despised the god Apollo eversince, eventually making him his bane, I suppose.

Malakas akong ibinalibag ni Elatreus na siyang ikinatilapon ko ulit nang ilang metro palayo sa kanya. Magpapakawala na naman sana ito ng isa pang malakas na atake para sa'kin nang mapansin ko ang biglaang paghinto at paglingon niya sa may bandang likuran ko. Kusa nalang itong ngumisi, na tila ba'y nasisiyahan ito sa nakikita niya. Who in Olympus is he---

"You've come at last, Apollo. Took you a while due to my little trick earlier, huh? Here to watch one of your descendants die?", i-is it really?

"You underestimate me again, Elatreus. Remember what happened the last time we fought?", for some reason, relief washed through my pathetic ass when I heard that voice from the daughter of Hecate's betrothed from behind me. I was even more surprised to find out that the Olympian god of sunlight was already standing before me when I turned to his direction.

"God Apollo.", I uttered his name. Napatingin naman siya sakin as he held out his hand.

"On your feet, Niles. You've done well holding out on your own.", he spoke before releasing a bright ray of light from his palms as it transferred to my body. Sa oras na tumama ito sa katawan ko ay nakaramdam kaagad ako ng isang kakaibang ginhawa sa kaloob-looban.

My wounds began disappearing one after the other together with my bruises. Unti-unti ring nawala ang sakit sa buong katawan ko na kanina ko pa iniinda. He... healed me.

"I apologize for coming too late. I see that you've finally met my bane. Refrain from engaging direct contact with his attacks from now on.", the god Apollo warned before summoning his long bow as he stood beside me. I did the same with my divine weapon but he protested straight away.

"You've done enough, Niles. There's a reason as to why Elatreus has been hiding under Python's physical form, and it has something to do with how the Gigantes powers were created by the earth mother in contrast to the gods they opposed. By defeating Python earlier and restoring the light of day here in Delphi, you've weakened Elatreus' powersource. I'll finish things from hereon after. You should rest for a bit.", saad niya sa'kin bago humarap sa kinaroroonan ni Elatreus. I slowly tried to process his words inside my head, pero nagpatuloy pa siya sa pagsasalita.

"Elatreus' powers are depleted during the day since unlike me, he thrives in the darkness. That's the reason why he made Python devour the sun which is the source of my power here in Delphi, to stop my physical manifestation.", I at least understood that much, alright.

"As for his principal Achilles heel, observe.", he drew something with his bow and pointed it towards Elatreus who looked furious on the other side of the meadow and now clearly keeping his distance from the god Apollo.