𝟎𝟕

Five days

Five days. Five days of no sleep and five days of no Scarlett. To even think that I'm actually missing her is making me look like a right fool. And Dalia makes it harder when she questions her presence every single day and pesters me about when she'll come.  The more I try to take my mind off this case and all the custody shit, the more I want to be near Scarlett. It's like a hypnotisation with her, she's already taking control of me and some part of me enjoys watching it. And that red lip painted perfectly on her makes me become a lunatic.

Sebastian had told me that he met with Scarlett on the rooftop of one of my restaurants, telling him that she wasn't scared of me. And it was pretty clear. The confidence in her - her walk, voice, looks - just makes me realise she's not terrified. But I fucking like it. I like the way she talks to me, the way her heels take control of her confidence and the way she has a fire of dominance in her eyes.

"Elijah you look-"

"Tense. You weren't paying attention to what we were saying, what's up?" Santi and Rico yank me back to their attention, I clear my throat realising that I was with them and had drifted off thinking about her.

"Nothing's up." Running my hand through my hair, they both raise their brows in sync knowing I was talking bullshit.

"Nothing my ass. Tell us what's wrong?" Rico scoffs, waiting for an answer because they know I won't say anything until they pressure me to.

"Did something happen to Dalia?" Santi asks in a whisper tone, both of them becoming quiet as he asks.

"God no, she's okay." I sigh, sipping on the whiskey that was placed in front of me. "I was thinking about the case." I finally tell them, but really I was lying because I was thinking of one person. "I know we have fucking months but the thought of losing Dalia is just as terrifying as it is."

"I thought you hired out the best lawyer in New York." Rico breathes, raising his glass in the air at the same time.

"I did. But this- this is different because the mafia is involved." Exhaling a deep breath out, my mind can only think of Dalia and to be fair that's what my mind is always on. "If those fuckers do anything to frame me, I'll lose Dalia forever."

"You'll get Dalia, I'm sure of it Eli. There's nothing in this world that could put you against her and if Stanley's try to even step a foot near Dalia, then I'll fucking fight them myself." Santi was just as furious as I was, same with Rico. Being able to tell them two, and being so open to them doesn't make me feel alone.

I never had siblings, but Santi and Rico are my brothers for life.

"How's the lawyer like?" Rico asks, leaning back on the chair and waiting for an answer.

Scarlett - what can I say about her? All my fantasies about her are nothing but inappropriate. I can't tell them that I want to fuck every inch of her out, smudge those red lips with my own and tell her the sweetest words in her ear while my dick is so buried into her.