𝟏𝟗

If taking someone else's pain was a thing then I'd take Scarlett's pain in milliseconds

If taking someone else's pain was a thing then I'd take Scarlett's pain in milliseconds. She hides it so well but I know that she's losing hope every time. Her spending time with me and Dalia last night took her mind off her mother but now that she's gone back, I know she isn't in the right state of mind.

I'm supposed to go see her later on but I had to take care of some business at the club beforehand. Tonight is our fifth year anniversary of opening the club which means it's going to get busy. Scanning through the guest lists, I make sure that no one from the list would cause havoc during the event.

However, I keep checking my phone every two minutes, hoping that Scarlett sent a message. She'd promised me that she'd check in with me but I've received nothing so far. Sighing, I hold off messaging her myself because if I did then it would seem that I'm being overprotective.

My mind has been off today—thinking about Scarlett, sorting out the club for tonight, and watching Dalia. My little girl was playing around my office since I didn't want Colleen to watch her, the small laughter bringing a smile to my face and the shuffling from the distance makes me look over to see what she was doing.

"Princess, what are you doing?" Calling out for her, she runs over to me, I pick her up and place her on my desk. Her cheeks were rosy pink, her hair somehow messy and her little legs swaying as she looks at me.

"Dada I wunt to do bwllt." My eyes widening slightly, and my lips slowly turn into an upside-down smile, surprised at what she asked me.

"Ballet? You want to do ballet, princess?" Before I could even ask her anything more, she shakes her head in excitement, the biggest smile on her face at the mention of ballet.

"Yes, dada! I wunt that!" Chuckling at her, I kiss her forehead—ready to fulfil any wish of hers.

"Alright baby, I'll put you in a ballet class," It doesn't even take her seconds before she wraps her arms around me. She places a kiss on my cheek and I could feel her smile out of joy. "Now what do we say when someone does something for you?"

"Thnk you, dada." She whispers in my ear, and a small chuckle leaves my mouth as she pulls back to face me. My little girl was a pure angel; despite not having a mother, she knew her stuff. She's innocent and I want it to be this way forever.

"That's my good girl."

"I luv you dada."

"I love you more than anyone in this world, baby." Kissing her forehead, it's a promise to myself and to her that she deserves everything—no matter what she asks for, I'll give it to her. "Will you be a good girl for me tonight? You have to stay up here with me okay?" Fixing her dress, I take out her hair tie to redo her hair again.

"Yes dada, I be good girl," Moving her body around, she gives me room to do her hair. "Dada I wunt tw buns." Chuckling at her request, I take out her hair brush that I usually keep in my office to do her hair.