𝟎𝟗

Why does he have to make it so hard for me? Why is it that every time I see him, he acts more like a golden man than the most dangerous man? That cheeky smirk he pulls has many secrets that he doesn't want me to know, only replacing them with what...

Why does he have to make it so hard for me? Why is it that every time I see him, he acts more like a golden man than the most dangerous man? That cheeky smirk he pulls has many secrets that he doesn't want me to know, only replacing them with what he doesn't want me to know.

Though, the way he took care of Dalia had me somewhat shaken. She was ill, poor girl, and what I saw with my own eyes today was nothing but fatherly love. However, the evidence against him states otherwise. He's known for hurting her but in my eyes so far, nothing makes me want to believe that. Elijah's delicate with Dalia. He treats her like she's a flower herself, not daring to let the stem snap.

Sitting back in my office, I make notes on what I saw today. From the way, he was about to panic over not seeing Dalia on the monitors to when he helped me give the honey water to her. Yet as I look down at my notebook, the only description I gave was what I thought of him.

Alluring. Dangerous. Captivating. I could go on about this man. He thinks he can scare me by the way he talks, and the threats he makes, but what he doesn't know is that I'm the type of woman who never shows any sign of weakness in front of men. Those sapphire pupils stare at me like I'm some hidden mystery, as if I'm hiding something from him. He wants to know what's my life, but I can't.

"Scarlett, the ink is leaking on your hands!"

Aurelia rushes over to the side of my desk, snatching the black pen out of my hand, and yanking me back into the world of law. Standing up in a hurry, I shake my hand to get most of the ink off but I know it would be stained until I wash it off. Rushing to the bathroom, I run the tap to wash off the ink.

As I do, I stare at myself in the mirror and it never occurred to me how much I look like my mother. Gulping, I let my eyes form tears from the unknown and the second they well up in my eyes, I don't do anything about it.

You're gonna be okay, Scarlett.

Letting the cold water run through my skin, releasing the heat within my soul. I don't turn the tap off because I just physically can't right now. My mind has been staring at a blank soul through the mirror as if I'm forgetting why I'm really here. 

"Scarlett. Are you okay? You're acting very weird today." My eyes move towards the door, watching Aurelia stand in worry for me. "You're hands are going to go numb, Scar." She whispers, walking over to me.

Sighing, I turn the tap off and she hands me a paper towel to dry my hands. She notices my tears and not intentional, I start breaking down in front of her. I hold on to her shoulders as if I was going to faint, dropping my head as she holds me.

"Scarlett." She lets out a whisper, letting my tears become loud and my body drained.

Why did it have to be now? Why did I have to break down in front of her, showing my true self? Though Aurelia hugs me close and I drop down to my knees with her following. "I-I'm sorry, Ari. I'm sorry that you have hold me like this." Voice cracking, I sniff my tears away yet I can't help it.