Chapter 18

"Are you ready for this?" Harry asks me. My heart races and my stomach turns. This was it. This was the day I was going to get my baby girl back. After the phone call, my life had changed. Here I stood before the courtroom doors.

He was alive. He was stuck in situations that only death take care of. He started over with his life and changed his name to Greyson Parr. Now, he was back. I didn't know why he wanted Rue, but I was sure it wasn't because he loved her. He had never even met her....he may be her father but I was her daddy.

The judge stood before me with an expressionless face. I had to state my case before his glaring eyes. "Mr. Horan, do you solemnly swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?

I raise my right hand. "I do."

"Proceed.

"Your honor." I started, swallowing hard. "Miss Glenn who became Mrs. Horan shortly before she passed, had left Rue in my care in her will. Mr. Parr is indeed her father, but he has never met her. He had been supposedly deseased until now."

"Your honor, I object." Christian shouts.

"I have not given you permission to speak." the judge says sternly. "Continue." he looks back at me.

"Mr. Parr had called me to take custody over the child. I refused to....and...and this is why we are here." I say finishing. He nods and I sit down.

"Mr. Parr, do you solemnly swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" he says. Christian glances at me. He raises his right hand. "I do."

"Proceed."

"Your honor, there has been a big misunderstanding. Rue is in fact my daughter, and her mother and I were in a relationship. I will admit, that I got in some trouble and I had to take some time in prison for it, but I have changed. I disapeared to keep Rue and her mother safe. I have started my life over again and I am willing to take custody of my daughter." he says. I clench my fists and keep myself from raging out loud.

"You will never treat her right! I don't know what you plan to do with my daughter, but I know that you will never love her like I do." I yell at him.

The judge pounds his gavle, making a loud noise. "Sit down, Mr. Horan!" he says sternly. I sit down.

"Mr. Parr, I have been informed that you were said to be dead and they had found a body that was identified to be yours."

"Yes, sir. I was rumored to be dead, but the body you found has no relation to me." he says.

The judge opens his mouth to say something, but closes it.

"Mr. Horan, why do you have a black eye?" he asks.

"I....Mr. Parr gave it to me after I had told him that he wasn't going to win this case." the judge inhales and remains calm. "You had gotten in a fist fight?" he asked Christian. "Yes, your honor."

"Mr Horan, will you provide the evidence?" he asks. I get up and hand the letter and the will to him. He scans both of them. "Mr. Parr, produce the evidence that you had known about the child after she was born?" he hands him a birth certificate. How did he get this?

He scans over it and hands it to a man to look over. He nods.

"Mr Parr, how do you plead?" he asks.

"I'm not guilty. I will care for my daughter just as a father should. Please, your honor."

"I will speak to the jury." he exits the court room. I sit at the desk, tapping my foot. I hear a whisper behind me. I turn to face whoever it is. It's Liam. "It's going to be fine, Niall." he says. I nod and keep my eyes on the door that the judge had exited from. My stomach turns.

He comes back out and I feel sick. My heart races and I feel myself sweating. "Mr. Parr, you have produced a fake certificate. Mr Horan, you will be the the official guardian of the child. As for you, Mr. Parr, you will get 7 years in prison for producing a fake birth certificate. Case dismissed."

My mouth stays open. The. whole world seems to stop spinning. My vision becomes blurry with tears and my heart stops racing. Rue runs into my arms and wraps her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek.

This was it...I got my baby girl back.

______________________________________________________________________

I play with Rue's hair while she sits in my lap. My eyelids are heavy from lack of sleep. The cold nightmares kept me up all night. Visions of Rue being pulled away from my grasp, the screaming terror in her voice as he calls my name, but I can't answer. I can't be there for her. Sarree crying, asking me why I let Rue go, fill my mind again. The sound of the steady ringing that told me that Saree was dead, rang in my ears. A picture of my hand letting go of hers, still pressed into my mind. I close my eyes and block out the terrible pictures that filled my dreams the night before.

I found my arms wrapped around Rue protectively, she didn't mind. She just kept still and the tears filled my eyes. My breathing slowed down and the ringing ceased. When Rue was in my arms, the pain seemed to fall away and the horrid memories disappeared.

Rue was my princess.

Rue was my everything.

Rue was my daughter.

A/N

Awwwwwwwww! This is so happy yet so sad. Who knows? Will Christian...er...Greyson make an appearance again? Lets hope not!

Ok, so Ive noticed that I have been getting sooooo many reads and not so many votes, so in order to update I have to get 15 votes on this chapter.

15 VOTES 15 VOTES 15 VOTES 15 VOTES....dont make me say it again!

Thanks, love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cameron