Chapter 2

Chapter 2

My heart skipped a beat, and for a second I had hope again. Would he remember? I wouldn't wear the ring, if he did forget, I didn't want to seem desperate, like I was still holding on to a silly promise we made when we were just kids.

"Yeah....mum...I'll come. I'll come around six. Don't tell him I'm coming." I say into the phone. I hang up and walk up stairs.

I think about the letters. Should I give them to him? No, it's too soon. I get butterflies in my stomach. I haven't seen Niall since that night he talked to me.

I find the cutest outfit I own and put it on. I do my hair and light makeup. I didn't want to make it look like I changed. Matured, but not changed.

I take one last look in the mirror. I take the ring off and set it on my vanity. I sigh and grab my purse. What if he changed?

I drive the car to Mums house. This was the house I was raised in, the one with the red barn.

A large car is parked in the drive-way.

I knock on the door. The butterflies come back.

Suddenly, the door opens revealing my beautiful, aging mother.

"Come in, darling! Niall and his friends are right in here!" she smiles.

I step inside and view my surroundings. His band mates, Louis, Harry, Liam, and Zayn sit in the living room, but my eyes fall on Niall. He looks surprised. But, then I notice a girl sitting next to him.

I try to smile, but I can't stop thinking about the girl.

"Saree? Is that you?" Niall asks me. He forgot about me.

"Yes, Niall. Its me." I don't smile. I'm not going to try and fake it. He looks down at my hand, looking for the ring. When he doesn't see it, his attitude changes. Was it relief? Disappointment? I don't know. I don't even know him anymore. He is so grown up. Not the 16 year old boy, but a man. He is tall and a bit more fit.

"Saree...this is Jillian. She's a friend." she seems awfully comfortable with him, to be a friend.

She has blonde hair and tons of makeup.

"She is a model." Niall adds. I look at him, trying to read him. Was she just a friend?

I meet the other band mates and we sit down for dinner.

Niall's POV

I looked at Saree all through dinner. She seemed like something was bothering her.

I kept looking at her hand, making sure the ring wasn't on there. I thought she would remember. Maybe, she gave up, waiting. She never wrote letters or called me.

I thought, maybe she had moved on like I did. I didn't want her to, for some reason. I had moved on a long time ago, but it was hard. I was glad to see she moved on. We were silly then...right?

Saree POV

I watched as my mum and dad laughed at all her jokes. She flirted with everyone, causing everyone around her to just laugh. It made me sick.

"I feel sick, I think I'll go get some fresh air." I excused myself from the table, but no one even looked at me.

It's dark outside now. I walk over to the old barn and climb up. It's a full moon, just like when Niall made his promise, when he told me he loved me, and then left me, hoping and promising myself, that one day he would return.

You could hear crickets, chirping. I wanted to cry. I shouldn't have been so gullible, so silly. To think that he would keep his promise when he was so young.