Chapter 19

Chapter 19

•••10 years later•••

I stared at the picture on my desk. All of my old band mates smiling. Those were the days. We all knew it would end someday.

"Rue, he's here!" I yell at the bottom of the stairs.

She appears at the top of the stairs. She was beautiful. Her blonde hair to her waist and her eyes a bright blue with long dark eyelashes framing them. Her smile was perfect. She was fifteen now and so full of light.

"You're so beautiful." I say.

She looks me in the eye and smiles. "Like Mum?" the very words bring tears to my eyes and I look down to try to hide them, yet I smile.

"Yes...exactly like Mum.' I say.

I open the door. "Rue, wait inside for a few minutes." she stands in the door way with her arms crossed.

"Daddy.." she was a bit annoyed.

"Rue. Wait inside." I close the door and step out on the porch.

There stood a young man in front of me. "My daughter....she really likes you." I say. He nods slowly. "Yes, sir."

"Do you love her?" I asked, my arms crossed. His face quickly changed into a look of surprise. "Yes, sir. Very much. I love Rue." I nodded. "Are you willing to marry her?" he looked confused. "Marry, sir?"

"Yes, that's what I said." I stare him in the eye.

"I love her. If we are truly in love, it will last forever. When the time comes...I want to spend my life with her." his eyes are hopeful. He reminds me of someone I know....myself. I hoped that he wasnt like me. He couldn't promise love to a girl and leave. Especially my daughter.

"I am a man of my word. Sir, I respect you and your daughter and I wont do anything without your permission." what he said surprised me. I nodded and shook his hand. He was a true man. He wasn't a foolish boy. I could see why Rue loved him.

I opened the door again and Rue came out. "Be back by ten. Have fun." I kiss her head and go inside.

I pick up the phone and roll it around in my hands. Then I dial a number I know at heart. It rings then I hear the familiar voice.

"Hello, Liam." I say.

"Niall! It's nice to hear from you, buddy. How's the little miss?" he asks.

"On her first date tonight. She's so young...yet she's grown up. It's hard to explain. How is your little one?" I ask. Liam married Fallon and they had a beautiful baby boy. His name was James.

"He's the reason for my smile everyday. He makes me laugh and he's such a handful. Fallon loves him so much." I nod though I know he can't see me.

"How about you come over for dinner....and the rest of the boys." I say. Then I remember...

"What about....Harry?" he asks hesitantly. I look down. Harry had gone his own way and hadn't talked to any of us for the past eight years. He wasn't married and didn't have a girlfriend. He was alone yet I knew that he wanted to come back...but he couldn't. He felt like he couldn't find back after he had left us. Fame took him. He wasn't even Harry anymore.

"I'll....try." I said. Liam was silent. "Listen, I have to get this little guy to bed. Goodbye, Niall." he said then hung up. I put the phone down and kept thinking.

It all started when we started getting really big. He was always the favorite of the band and we didn't mind...until only Harry was asked to perform solo multiple times. The band went down and Harry went up. Then, we told him that it was time for One Direction to come to an end. He left us and went solo. I forgave him a long time ago. I could never stay mad at him...I loved him, just the same as the other boys.

I pick up the phone again and dial the numbers that I hardly remember. I swallow hard as it rings and my stomach turns.

"Hello." I can't speak.

"Harry?" I ask. There is silence. I sit there biting my lip.

"Niall....is that you?"

A/N

Yay!!! I updated even though I didn't get 15 votes only because it's been forever!!! So I skipped ahead because there is something coming up soon.

So Rue is 15 now!!! Wow. So do you think Harry will come back??

Anyways!! 15 VOTES

15 VOTES

15 VOTES

15 VOTES

15 VOTES

15 VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT UPDATE IF I DON'T GET 15 VOTES!!!!!!!!!

Have a great night!!

Cameron