Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The voice stood out from all of the noisy airport sounds.

Niall

I turned around to face the beautiful eyed blonde haired boy.

"I couldn't leave you." that was all it took for me to run into his arms. For once, I felt the feeling I have been longing for since he left, love.

"I'm sorry. I realized, I wouldn't be able live with myself knowing I left you and Rue behind." he said.

He lifts me up and and feet are off the ground. I never want to let go of this moment.

"What about your tour?" I ask. He looks down.

"I told them, I would have to come later. I'm going to be with you as long as I can." he says.

"What happened? Why do you all the sudden want to stay?" I ask.

"I don't know.....something sparked. I got this feeling that I had been missing something, and I felt like I'm supposed to be here." he replies, still looking into my blue eyes.

He takes my hand as we exit the airport. Since Niall can't drive, I drive us to my house for something to eat.

We pull into the drive way of my flat and walk in the door. He has some kind of new air about him.

"I have some left over pizza." I say looking in the fridge. Before he answers, he grabs the box out of the fridge. He still has his big appetite.

"Can we see Rue tomorrow?" he asks, finishing off the last of the pizza.

"Oh, I have to work....but you can see her. I'll ask Lara if you can stay in their guest house. They have a little cottage by the house." I say. I still have to keep my job. I already skipped work yesterday and I know how my boss is.

"You've changed." he stares at me. It made me feel insecure. I brush my hair from my face.

I don't say anything.

"You worry too much." he says

I look at him. "Well, when you have a daughter you can't support and your boss is a jerk, it's a bit hard to be secure." I say softly. I'm not angry with him because I know it's true.

I turn on the tv and watch the football game. This reminds me of old times, raiding each others fridge and watching football. Something isn't right, though. Back then, I saw him as my best friend, I was care free and didn't care about what I looked like. Now, I feel like I should try to impress him, try to be as neat.

"Come here." he pats the spot right next to him on the couch. I sit there comfortably and he wraps his arm around me and leans against me. I get butterflies.

I play with his hair, I remember when it was dark brown. He started dying it blond when he was twelve.

I got up to call Lara.

"She said it was fine for you to stay. It'd be good for Rue Elisabeth." I say. He smiles and comes over.

He hugs me and kisses my head before leaving for Lara's.

I'm so tired from the big day, might as well go to bed.

Niall's POV

Next day

I wake up and look out the cottage window. The kitchen lights are on in the house.

I get dressed and walk over the back door. I knock quietly and Lara comes to the back door.

"Niall, come in." she smiles. She has changed a lot, too. I missed a lot while I was gone.

I walk over to the kitchen table and sit down. Its warm and there is tea on the stove.