Green Mile

Rey walked through the pitch-black with only the use of her luma-sticks guiding her. The forest was magically beautiful and encouraging during the day, yet disturbingly eery in the night. The black trunks against an almost black backdrop didn't make for much too see. It teemed with the sounds of its nightlife. Every sound that was sung back and forth made Rey jump a little.

'Silly' she laughed to herself. 'This is absurd. There's nothing to be afraid of.' The rattling wind swam through Rey's hair, it directed her over her shoulder. With a turn of her head, she felt the Force change around her. Up till then it had been soft and tranquil. Now... it felt erratic and hyperactive, but mostly malevolent.

Rey quickened her pace through the half-memorized path to the base. The trees stood utterly still. The blackness provided a sense of claustrophobia inside her even though the green Moon ceaselessly stretched for miles. Her imagination began to conjure horrors that didn't help her sudden frightened emotion.

She steels herself to keep moving forward, her hair on end as if the forest was on the enemy side. The air suddenly felt several degrees cooler. Rey tried to listen for the signs of life around her, but all was silent. Back on Jakku this silence would have been somewhat tranquil, but now it was more like the quiet of it's graveyard.

Rey heard a sudden shuffle in the distance.

"Hello?" she yelled out. There was a heavy shifting coming from behind. The Force deepened in it's darkness. It was sickening. Corrupt. It made Rey light-headed.

The sounds of branches snapping and feet shuffling through the foliage came from her left.

"Anybody there?" Rey's heart pounded against the cavity of her chest. She tried to pull to the Light, for comfort, it was non-existent. Even with the bright glow of the luma-sticks in hand, the world around her was... empty.

'Hello, Scavenger' a soft voice slithered in her mind. Rey's eyes looked around wildly for the disembodied voice. (Keir)

'Scaaaaavenger' another voice echoed, deep and raspy, taunted in a sing-song tone. (Kailin)

"Hello!" Rey called out, continuing her search for the incomporeal sounds "Who's there?" Instinctively, she reached for the blaster on her waist.

'That won't help my little Magpie.' a third voice echoed behind. It was sweet but intimidating. (Vrei)

Rey froze. Something or someone was manipulating her in her position.

'Stop doing that..' a fourth voice scolded. Rey was released. Her breath faltered. (Aeron)

'Oh, look... the scavenger is scared.' the second voice returned, it was jovial. As if it enjoyed what it was doing. (Kailin)

'I think we've frightened her, my friends.' the hoarse bass voice of the fifth entered (Darik)

'Can't you see it? I can feel it too... her fear.' the sweet voice echoed in her brain (Vrei)

'It's...' the honeyed slithering voice returned and paused '...tantalizing' (Keir)

"Show yourself!" Rey's own voice quivering. The multiple voices laughed inside her, making her dizzy and light-headed.

'The poor girl is shaking' a sixth and final voice sounding bored. (Mortathi)

'Good' the second voice returned this time with venom behind it (Kailin)

'We will meet properly, little Magpie. Soon.' the sweet voice responded (Vrei)