Feel It Still

Chapter 5: Feel It Still

"Did you hear him the other night?" Mortathi Ti Rhea, a Knight of Ren, asked the stockier man across from him.

Mortathi was a tall and slender man with a darker complexion and light eyes. He had an in-depth knowledge of weapons and anything that can blow things up. He wore a vest that was equipped with thermal detonators, two on his right collarbone, the other on his left that was accompanied with a flash grenade. There was also a heavily modified vanguard shotgun that laid across his chest, that he named Killstreak.

"Again?" Kailin Bailo rolled his brown eyes, another Knight. He was stock built of a man. He wore a dark grey, heavy coat that stretched down to his buckled boots. Along with a distinguished shoulder armor that strapped around his right and connected over to his left. His masked helmet sat close to him on the table.

The two men sat in a dark corner of the busy cantina, as they carefully watched the people around them. Drinks flowed freely between the two Knights. But their spoken words were obscured through the privacy of the Force. If their words were overheard by civilians it could be seen as a form of treason against the self-appointed Supreme Leader.

Speaking this way was easier. It was safer, they knew. You can never trust anybody in an open space like this. Not even a simple cleaner droid. People were always listening. Especially with their presence. Everyone knew the reputation the Knights held. Which made the people even more curious as to their business in this far off sector of the galaxy.

"I thought that was over?" Kailin asked knowing that, in their younger years, Kylo was always haunted by nightmares because of Snoke.

"Apparently not" Mortathi chugged his drink. "Bar keep!" he yelled "Another!" He slammed his glass on the table.

"What the hell are we going to do more, Mor?" questioned Kailin as he took a swig of his drink.

"I might have an idea, my good man." Mortathi slapped the other knights shoulder.
Kailin smirked. "Go on, brother."
__________________________________

"Supreme Leader" a Stormtrooper hesitantly approached Kylo in the main hanger.

"Yes, FN-1088" Kylo answered the trooper dry-ly.

"Sir, from Keir Astar" FN-1088 handed Ren a small holo-disk.

"Dismissed" no change in Kylo's tone.

"Yes, sir" the trooper hit his fist to his heart and quickly left.

Kylo stalked the halls as he headed back to his living quarters. Troopers parting themselves out of his way as he past. Once he entered the room he waved the door locked. He clicked the holo-drive into his personal console. A blue light promptly fizzed and lit up the room. The colors of the surroundings began to load with the sudden appearance of Kier's hooded body and her flourished surroundings. The black and greys of her hooded shroud was a stark contrast against the bright shades of the foliage around.

"Kylo, I have located the Resistance. They have landed on the forest moon of Endor in the Outer Rim." She stated. "It seems to me like they've taken up shelter inside a hidden base. Of some sort." she continued.

"By the looks of these light scans, it was built from the days of the Empire."

Kier's holocam followed her as she trekked through the forest moon. Kylo could see the giant, moss covered trees as she walked passed. As if he was hiking right beside her. He could hear the wildlife teeming around the Knight. The crunching of her boots stepping on fallen leaves and branches.

His mother had told him all the stories about the Battle of Endor.

Keir stopped for a moment to have a drink of water from her flask. "Sir, I landed during the night as not to give them any suspicion of our shadowing." she continued. "The weather helped disguise our landing."