5. Stay Away.

DISCLAIMER: You know what disclaimer means. Don't own Harry Potter still. I know sucks right? Well pouting isn't going to help. I KNOW! Read this chapter and I'll feel better. Cooome oooon you know you want to ;)

For two whole weeks Harry decided to take Snape's advice and avoided Malfoy so he could clear his head. He also could see Malfoy trying to avoid him as well. It was almost too obvious. Every time he spotted Harry he would abruptly turn around and walk in the opposite direction. Even Ron began to notice it and questioned Harry, but he just shook his head.

Hermione seemed a little more like herself each day. She began to smile and talk regurlarly, and not yell as much, though she did explode once in a while. She seemed to read more than usual, and that's saying a lot. What was weirder, she wasn't reading anything that had to do with school. She read books about myths and magical creatures. She refused to tell Harry and Ron what was going on, telling them it was none of their business.

Snape was hardly ever at the Great Hall for meals, and sometimes he didn't even show up to teach, and instead students listened to recordings of his voice ordering them what to do. Every time Harry saw Snape he seemed weaker, paler, and sicker. Harry had never been more confused or worried. Harry knew he was never going to have a normal year at Hogwarts, but did it have to be this bad?

Harry found himself looking at the Marauders' Map for Snape and Malfoy, just to make sure they were there. He didn't know why, but his heart lurched every time he thought of Malfoy. Ever since they touched, he had felt his body tingling as if he wanted more, which made Harry scared. He wasn't gay! And definitely not for Draco Malfoy too!

Harry was wandering the halls on Sunday, enjoying the day off of school work, but really didn't know what to do. He found himself looking out the window, watching others fool around the Whomping Willow and splash in the Black Lake. All of a sudden he found himself on the ground as he bumped into someone AGAIN. "I really need to stop meeting people like this," he groaned. He heard light chuckling and realized with a jolt that OF COURSE it was Malfoy.

"Really Potty you need to stop running into me like this," he teased in a light drawl, stretching out his hand for Harry. He gazed at it suspiciously before taking it and Malfoy hauled him up. "What was that face before you ran into me?" Malfoy asked in a teasing tone.

More than a little shocked at Malfoy's behavior, he said defensively, "What face? I was just thinking..." Harry peered closer at Malfoy and realized he looked horrible. His face was sunken in, his eyes had deep, dark purple shadows underneath them, his skin had a greyish tint to it. He could see all his bones stick out of his robe. "What...what the Hell..." Harry murmured, gaping at Malfoy.

Malfoy tensed and said coldly, "Goodbye Potter." He turned to walk away, but Harry grabbed his shoulder, ignoring the bolts of electricity going through him. Malfoy winced and Harry pulled his robe down slightly, gasping at the bruises on his arms. He shrugged Harry off and snarled, "Go away Potter. Go before you get hurt." Harry was stunned at those words.

Snapping out of it, he pleaded, "Please Ma- er D-Draco," the name felt foreign on his tongue, "-I want to help."

"Of course you do, just like the brave and noble Gryffindork you are!" Malfoy sneered. "You just have to protect everyone don't you, even a Slytherin like me..." he trailed off, staring on the ground. "Look Potter, I can't tell you what's going on. All I can say is that if you know what's good for you, then you need to stay away." His voice turned pleading. "I don't want to hurt you, believe it or not Harry..."

"Draco," Harry said softly, "I won't butt in," (a complete lie of course,) "-but can you promise me that you won't do anything stupid?" Why did Harry care so much for Malfoy now? Was it out of pity?

Malfoy nodded, still staring at the ground. "I will if you promise to stay away," he said softly. This time Harry nodded in agreement and they parted ways, Harry determined to find out what was going on, even if he had to spy.

NOTE: The last sentence sounded like foreshadowing didn't it? Hmmm maybe maybenot. Read the next chapter to find out ya'll :D