Chapter 2

"I am not going back!" Jiya pushed him away with strenuous effort. Stumbling back at the impact, she stood a few feet from him away in fury.

"I don't think I am giving you that option, Jiya. This time, it cannot go your way."

She glared at him, her nose flaring in anger. "You know nothing! I am not going back and THAT'S IT!"

As she started to take away again, this time, with long strides; Ishaan grumbled loudly. Jiya Dhillon had a way of getting on everybody's nerves. Ishaan's, a little more than the rest. "Jiya, please STOP!"

"No Ishaan! Go away!"

"Jiya, there is a target on your back," Ishaan growled surprising himself and her in the process. She twirled on her heels with narrowed eyes. Rubbing his temples in despair, Ishaan continued, "Jiya, we have a strong reason to believe, that you may be abducted as a retaliation for a recent mission. This is not just about you anymore Jiya! It's a matter of National Security. Please understand!"

Jiya stared at him long and hard without a flinch. Seeing her stare at him devoid of any expressions sent jitters on his nerves.

"Everything is national security when you are an army. Don't do that, don't be like that, do this... Behave this way! Rules, discipline, reputation and whatnot! Why couldn't I have a normal life??" Jiya lamented.

"Jiya-"

"Ishaan! I am not going home." She said twisting her arms against her chest with a pointed look. "You are free to stay with me for a while though. But don't expect me to get convinced to go back. This time, it's different Ishaan."

With that, she walked back to the guest house leaving him in unrest. This was going to be harder than he thought. He has to knock some sense into her head and fast. Even if he had to drill a hole to let his voice across, he would. One, she was in trouble. Two, she was getting married. Both situations were driving him insane already. If he just managed to tackle the first one, the second dilemma could be traversed with firm resolution, hopefully.

Easier said than done. His heart scoffed.

***

Ishaan scoured the guest house for any suspicious activity. All windows and doors closed shut, curtains were drawn, extra lock at the main and finally he drew a long breath. "Ishaan... Chill! Nobody will find me... Or us here."

"I found you, right?"

She watched him pensively. "Yeah... About that. How did you find me? I left my phone behind. I have no electronic gadgets with me that you can track. I didn't use any ATM cards and did every transaction via cash. I even changed my disguise twice. How the hell did you find me?"

Boy! She did go too far to get away from her family, and her so-called 'Dhillon' life. When it came to fight or flight situations, Jiya always chose to fight. But this time, the only thing that made sense to her was to disappear. She didn't know who was she anymore. Everything she believed was a lie.