fourteen

juliet was heartbroken to say the least. she didn't care what zayn did in his spare time, it was the least she worried about, but what bothered her was that he dedicated time to spend with jasmine, and herself, and decided to spend it with his ex, gigi hadid.

as jasmine and juliet baked, juliet laid the ingredients out in front of her and looked over at jasmine — who's expression was sad. "what's up, baby?" asked juliet as she squeezed her daughters cheeks to lighten her mood. jasmine giggled under her touch: "why isn't daddy baking with us? did do something wrong?"

juliet sighed before shaking her head, the best thing to do in this situation was lie to jasmine until she figured everything out. "daddy is busy doing work-related stuff."

"his famous work!" jasmine added on before juliet chuckled. jasmine was amazed, dazzled almost, over the fact zayn was famous. he was a popular singer, and a good one. "yeah..." juliet replied before looking down at the flour on her fingertip and bopping it onto jasmine's nose.

jasmine gasped as she felt the flour hit her nose, scrubbing it off with the palm of her hand before throwing some flour at juliet. juliet chuckled: "hey! we need that flour."

jasmine shrugged her shoulders before a loud crash could be heard from the hallway.

juliet froze. her motherly instincts increased before she hid jasmine in the pantry, scared for the crash to be a wild animal, a random person, a murderer... anything. jasmine walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway, frying pan in hand before screaming: "zayn! what the actual fuck."

zayn watched as she gripped onto the frying pan with fear, hand swinging in the air before she softly hit him with it. juliet walked into the kitchen and set jasmine free, her little body running up to zayn's once she saw him.

if only she knew.

"jas!" zayn shouted, it being his first time seeing her today.

"what happened to your plans?" questioned juliet as she stared over at zayn, placing the frying pan down. "mummy, you look like rapunzel... with her brunette hair," juliet clapped in amusement after jasmine said it, zayn standing from the ground with jasmine in his arms.

"they got cancelled," zayn responded. juliet didn't press on more, she just happily smiled before jasmine gasped: "daddy! you could be eugene and mummy could be rapunzel. and i will be pascal."

juliet laughed, from the entirety of the movie, jasmine had decided pascal (the chameleon) was going to be her favourite character. usually most little girls pick the beautiful, courageous princess like rapunzel, but she decided to pick the chameleon. juliet wasn't going to change a thing about jasmine's choice.

it was too precious to see a little girl fawn over a colour-changing reptile. "what do you mean, jas?" asked juliet. she hadn't realised her characteristics to be so 'princessy' according to her daughter: baking, reading, cleaning, puzzles. "can we play princesses?" asked jasmine.

playing princesses was something juliet had done before, but it was a tea-party, so juliet knew what jasmine meant. looking at all the baking ingredients, juliet decided to place it on holt and grant her daughters wishes.

"sure, baby," juliet said before jasmine and zayn wandered off upstairs, leaving juliet to clean up slightly before she also made her way upstairs with a kettle of tea.

"tea for you, daddy. sugar?" asked jasmine in an extremely posh tone, zayn chuckled before he tried his best to do a posh accent as he asked for sugar in his tea, and milk. "tea for you, mummy. sugar also?" jasmine asked as she poured the tea, juliet declining the sugar.