thirty-two

authors note :

hi, before we begin this chapter, i wanted to say that, i am starting college soon for my health and social course in order to be a midwife! this also means that i won't be updating as much as i want to.

also, i don't wanna be giving rushed and not needed updates in order to give you readers a chapter because that isn't fair as it wouldn't be to my quality of liking.

so, i am thinking of ending this book soon as it is near the end anyway and i did want this to be a 'short' book.

thank you all for understanding and giving this book so much love! i never expected it to have so many reads but it does and i'm happy about it all. thanks to yous!

anastasia.

@juliet posted on her story

the days of london have been getting colder as winter wrapped it's cold coat around the area

the days of london have been getting colder as winter wrapped it's cold coat around the area. this also meant that christmas was soon heading there way, and it was one of jasmine's favourite times of the year.

in all honesty, juliet thought it was every child's favourite time: spending time with family, opening personal presents, eating a meal, gifting friends and those in need. it was everything juliet wanted in a day and it was acceptable one time a year.

as they whizzed around the stores, juliet buying unnecessary items to decorate her house with so it was ready for christmas, things had been feeling fine.

however, there was one thing that dawned across juliet's mind — her mum.

after she had posted her birthday wishes towards genevieve, she still hadn't received any contact from her. nothing at all. it had been a couple of weeks after the post, and flynn had seen the post therefore showing it to genevieve, but juliet still received nothing.

"mummy, can i get paints?" jasmine asked as she knocked juliet from her daze. zayn looked over at juliet, planting his hand on her lower back as she pushed the trolley filled with food groceries. "um, sure, yeah," juliet said before walking to reach the aisle of kid painting products.

"you good, babe?" asked zayn, juliet watching as he and jasmine picked colours that they liked out together. juliet sighed: "i'm good just thinking." he nodded his head before placing a kiss on her cheek, picking jasmine up into his arms as they both placed paint inside the shopping trolley.

juliet took a deep breath in.

if genevieve, or harriet, didn't want to be part of their lives. she didn't want to be part of theres, why make an effort with someone who'd you have to force to be with?

"about what?" he asked, continuing to walk as he held jasmine in his arms. juliet shrugged her shoulders before picking up some fruit, "christmas. what to get jasmine."

zayn knew she was lying, but he also knew she was uncomfortable with answering the question correctly so he didn't push further.

"also, it's our first christmas together; as a family," zayn added on, she looked up at him and smiled before nodding her head. he was right, it was their first christmas together with jasmine. the feeling felt warm within her chest as she leaned into him slightly, his other hand going into the pocket of her jeans.