thirty-six

"no, no, no..." the word repeated from juliet's throat as she looked down at the pregnancy test within her hands.

she knew this would happen. she knew not being responsible, again, and having sex without protection would lead to something that wasn't planned. "shit!" she exclaimed as she saw the two lines declaring she was pregnant, throwing the test onto the sink.

deja vu suddenly ran up to the girl, this situation reminding her of the day she found out she was pregnant with jasmine. so, juliet looked into the supermarket bag and took out all four pregnancy tests, using each one of them with water breaks inbetween.

luckily, zayn and jasmine weren't in the house, he was driving her to school so juliet had a couple of minutes to regain her strength after finding out she was pregnant.

one minute.

two minutes.

three minutes.

her eyes scanned back down to the four pregnancy tests. positive. juliet slammed her back against the wall, hand placing onto her forehead and she shook her head: "it's gonna be okay." she told herself. know that she and zayn were in a relationship, this pregnancy would be so much simpler than it was with jasmine.

"babe, i'm home!" zayn shouted out, walking towards the bathroom when he heard juliet shout she was in there. he smiled as he entered before noticing she was chewing on her white-painted nails. "you good?" questioned zayn.

juliet sighed before flicking her eyes down to the tests on the counter.

he furrowed his brows, glancing down at them before his mouth dropped. "does this mean you're pregnant?" juliet couldn't tell the tone of his voice, she nervously chewed on her nails before he dragged her hand away from her teeth, holding it within his palm.

"surprise?" juliet said before zayn chuckled, a wide grin forming on his face. juliet scruched her eyebrows as she noticed his reaction being one she didn't expect.

he seemed happy, gleeful. zayn double checked the tests before moving towards juliet, taking her body into his arms as he hugged her tightly. "we've got this, yeah? we've been through it once, we can do it again..." the words seemed to be a coat of warm comfort, words juliet could agree too.

"how will jasmine react?" juliet asked as they exitted the bathroom together, hand in hand.

zayn's shoulders shrugged in response before juliet sighed and placed herself onto the couch. "so, you're happy?" she asked and he turned to her from their open kitchen with a large smile.

"why wouldn't i be?"

the timing was right. zayn had just finished recording his songs and juliet had finished her first season of euphoria — and the second season wouldn't be picked up until a few years later. so, having a baby right now was perfect timing. however, was it perfect timing for them?

their relationship had only been a couple of months, though it felt like years because of how long they had known each other, so having a baby would be okay, right?

juliet felt zayn crash onto the sofa, taking her legs and placing them on top of her thighs. "everything will be fine," he told her, kissing her calf before she chuckled, noticing it was a weird spot to kiss.