eighteen

the water was too cold. the whole reason the beach was quiet today, practically empty, was because of the low temperatures that dawned across the city, brighton. they were only visiting for the day, jasmine deciding she wanted to swim in the ocean but when they arrived the temperatures soon dropped low.

"i'm sorry, jas, we can't go swimming today," juliet apologised. they hadn't drove for long, only around two hours, and they could visit again the next day but jasmine couldn't help but feel saddened by the news.

"why not? i'm warm, mummy!" jasmine said as she shivered slightly, making the two laugh at her. zayn picked jasmine up into his arms, bringing her to the shore of the sea before kneeling down with her.

"feel," he told her, jasmine dipping her hands into the water as juliet took a quick picture of the two bonding. jasmine squealed once feeling how icy the water was, wafting her hands within the air to free her skin of the cold water.

"cold, cold..." she confirmed before running towards juliet, mad at zayn for making her touch the water despite the temperatures. "we can come another day," juliet promised as she pressed her head atop jasmine's, jasmine leaning in closer towards her mum for the extra warmth.

zayn walked over to them, watching in deep admiration as juliet and jasmine snuggled close. his heart melted. watching his daughter love her mum, watching as the mum to his daughter loved her back.

he couldn't split them. he couldn't tried to take custody, he could've tried to take jasmine away for months on end only to return to juliet at times. he had all the options in the universe, and he didn't chose any of them.

he knew how much juliet loved jasmine. it is why it broke his heart seeing her broken when people, strangers, were calling her a terrible mother because she definitely is not.

she was the light of jasmine's life, and jasmine was the light of juliet's life.

"you're so beautiful, baby," juliet told jasmine, kissing her forehead before zayn inched closer to them, raffling with jasmine's hair as she held her hands above her head to make him stop.

zayn snickered: "obviously. have you seen her mum?"

juliet decided to respond with: "she would be cuter if she was harry's."

zayn's mouth dropped open at the statement, juliet bringing her hands up to his jaw and closed his mouth before feeling as he grabbed her wrist; gently. moving down to her fingers so he can conjoin them, holding her fingers tightly to feel their connection.

"harry! i know harry," jasmine exclaimed as the two looked down at her. she hadn't met harry, yet, in fact, she wasn't introduced to any members of one direction because schedules were too full or jasmine was sometimes ill, things got in the way plenty of times.

"you do?" asked juliet.

"mhm. mummy shows me music," oh.

that she did do. sometimes the videos would play randomly when she was cleaning up and jasmine would get distracted by them, watching them intently because she found it fascinating to see her mum on the TV screen.

@juliet posted a picture

♡ liked by sydneysweeney, daz_black and 12,368 others▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

12,368 others
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

@juliet | family days🐚🌊🤍

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

view all comments

@username
IS THAT ZAYN? WE NEED TO KNOW
      ⤷ @username2
is zayn even in the uk rn??

@username3
jasmine is a photographer
      ⤷ @juliet
im thinking of signing her up for a few classes or so

@sydneysweeney
i miss you!!
      ⤷ @juliet
i miss you too, work wife<3

@username4
hold on... why is the last picture of that guy so tall?? is it jacob
      ⤷ @username5
time lines don't add up for it to
be jacob, unless they met
beforehand