fourty-five

four months later
nine months pregnant

the panics of being nine months pregnant began to settle in, she remembered one night that she woke with braxton hicks and zayn panicked, thinking she was in labour but she knew it was just braxton hick's as her water hadn't broke yet.

jasmine was excited, helping with the nursery as they painted it yellow for her favourite colour. now, everything was ready for him to arrive, the only thing they were waiting for was him. "mummy, look!" jasmine said as zayn put her down on the floor.

she ran towards juliet, a paper in her hands as she sat on the sofa besides her. juliet smiled as she kissed her hair, looking at the drawing on the papar: "it's us, mummy. me, you, daddy and brother."

juliet felt her heart flutter as she looked down at the drawing.

jasmine was extremely excited to have a brother, possibly the most excited out of them all. "it's very good, baby," juliet told her as she stood and put it on the fridge, jasmine giggling as she stared at the picture being held up by a magnet on the fridge.

zayn entered the kitchen, scratching his beard as he looked over at the fridge: "what do you want to eat? i'll cook." juliet shrugged her shoulders as she looked down at jasmine, waiting for her to choose their meal. "anything, you choose," jasmine told zayn before she left the kitchen and walked towards her painting set outside.

it had been nine months since she last found out she was pregnant in december, so the month right now was october, juliet rushed towards the door to usher jasmine inside, "baby, it's freezing out here, c'mon. i'll bring everything in."

jasmine nodded her head before walking inside, juliet picking up her easel before feeling an immense pain shoot in her stomach.

"what the fuck?" she said before holding onto her stomach, assuming it was braxton hicks or she had just strained herself, that was until she felt another pain and gripped tighter onto her stomach.

the cold, autumn air fell through her skin and froze it to the touch before she felt a liquid simmer down her leg. "holy shit... zayn!" she was still outside, placing the easel down onto the floor before repeatingly shouting zayn until she got his attention.

he ran outside, worry covering his face as he heard his girlfriend cry out in pain for his name: "what's wrong? are you okay, is he okay?" juliet shook her head as she looked down at the puddle of water beneath her.

"my water just broke..."

juliet's breathing was heavy and laced with pain, she had been given epidural but it wasn't taking affect as quick as she wanted it to. zayn was besides her, giving ice chips and soothing her with messages and simple kisses to her skin to let juliet know he was there for her.

"i can't do this... why is it worse than jasmine's?" juliet asked as she cried from the pain that seemed to be eternal cramps. with her labour during jasmine's birth, it seemed to be lot less painful and smooth even though it was her firstborn. "it's okay, it'll all be over when he arrives," zayn said as he didn't understand the aftermath of recovery from giving birth.

juliet shot him a dead eye, one he didn't know why the look was expressed, but he still continued to hold onto her hand and soothe her skin.

"is jasmine okay?" the had to leave jasmine at ivy and maria's house, which they offered to do when juliet was in labour, so she didn't have to see juliet in pain.

after a couple of hours, it was early in the morning, and the nurse was telling her to push for the third and final time. juliet strained her throat from the expressions of pain as she held tightly onto zayn's hand, pushing for the last time before the sound of crying filled their ears.

relief washed over juliet as she ignored the pain happening, the only thing her mind being on was their baby boy — healthily crying.

her arms opened when the nurse placed his body onto juliet's, her smile growing wide as she looked at the beautiful newborn.

"he's perfect..." juliet said, feeling herself succumb to the exhaustion that passed throughout her body. the last thing she felt was zayn running his fingers through her hair and the feeling of their baby boy within her arms.