twenty-seven

it was early hours in the morning, two o'clock to be exact, and juliet was woken by the gentle tap of jasmine against the skin that flashed from under the blankets on her bed.

the girl was confused, turning the switch to her bedside lamp before noticing jasmine besides her bed, cuddling up to her giraffe teddy as her cheeks were wet and eyes were red with tears. "baby, what's wrong?" juliet asked, instantly picking jasmine up into her arms as the little one cried softly into her mum's chest.

jasmine didn't know how to say her words, them coming out in deep breaths as she tried to communicate with juliet to explain what's wrong: "do you want daddy? i can get him."

jasmine nodded her head as she knew she'd feel a lot more safer with both parents in her arms. "mhm..." was all she voiced before juliet laid her under the blankets as she stood to get zayn.

she knew zayn wasn't a morning person, so when she woke up by shaking his shoulders, he swiped her action: "fuck off. five more minutes." juliet couldn't help but laugh before she shoved him off the bed, watching as he was caught rolled in the blanket once she did.

"jasmine needs us," the words made zayn wake up; quickly. he opened his eyes and unravelled himself from the blanket before they both walked towards juliet's room.

jasmine sat within the blankets, cuddled up into them before zayn and juliet sat both side of her, noticing she had drifted off into her slumber as they reached the room.

juliet didn't understand why she was crying. she could only assume it was a nightmare due to it being early hours of the morning, and sometimes jasmine used to wake with frights of her nightmares before.

it had happened less recently as the months went by, and it stopped once zayn began to live with them, but something had triggered her nightmares that night. perhaps it was a movie she accidentally turned on? juliet didn't understand and neither did zayn.

"can i go back to bed now?" asked zayn.

"no, stay," juliet replied.

he looked over at her, the soft cast of the lamp light falling onto them as it was the only source of light illuminating their faces, he had a small smile on his face, his eyebrows sort of messed up from sleeping, his hair dishevelled. juliet admired his messy looks — knowing she had seen them hundred times but not like this.

he shrugged his shoulders, looking at what juliet was wearing: a small tank to and some fluffy pyjama shorts. it wasn't the most revealed he had ever seen her, but, it was the closest he had got in years.

he laid under the blankets, resting his head on the second pillow on the bed, reaching his arm over jasmine's body to hold onto juliet's stomach as she also settled into the bed.

she smiled, reaching on of her hands to his before twisting on her side, facing jasmine but also seeing zayn: "night." he nodded his head before escaping a weak, "night," back to her.

@juliet posted a picture

♡ liked by zayn, sydneysweeney and 23,270 others▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

23,270 others
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

@juliet | this is a nice thing to wake to :)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

view all comments

@sydneysweeney
you're just happy it isn't jasmine digging into
your side
@juliet
caught me red handed

@username
she dating zayn?
@username2
we think so. she posted him on her story yesterday.

@username3
if she's dating zayn, doesthat mean jasmine is
his?
@username4
you don't have to be dating the baby daddy
ya know? maybe she and jasmine are really
comfortable around zayn.

@ivylanc
okay but you two are the cutest parents ever
@juliet
zayn would say differently rn because he is not a morning person

@username5
HOLD UP— JULIET SAID ZAYN. SHE CONFIRMED THE MAN TO BE ZAYN.

@username6
i knew these two were gonna date just from the
one direction music videos😭😭 yous were
so blind to it