Make Good - Vance Hopper

Summary: Vance and YN had never interacted, always seeing him glaring at them from afar. When he catches wind of them being hurt though, all hell breaks loose.

Triggers: Violence, fighting

Word Count: 2,304

___ did their best to cover the bruises that littered their torso, wearing uncharacteristically long sleeves even as the summer heat ramped up, though it was only May. They compartmentalized everything that happened the weekend previously. They had gotten a particularly nasty beat down as they were walking home from school the Friday before, taking the weekend to watch the purple and black marks develop like pictures all over their soft skin. Monday rolled around and, as much as they dreaded it, they knew school would be let out for summer soon enough. They wouldn't have to deal with any of this for an entire summer before it started over with the new year. 

They clicked the locker shut, looking over as Robin and Finney approached them. "Hey boys."

"Hey ___," Finney smiled.

"___," Robin nodded, both turning to open their lockers. 

"So, you guys do anything productive this weekend?" ___ quirked an eyebrow at Robin in particular, who was quickly overcome by a look of horrible realization. "Shit, the project, I forgot."

"Exactly why I told you to write it down, but no, no one ever listens to me." ___ threw their hands up in mock surrender as Robin glared at them. "Can you at least help me, you've had your project finished since the week it was assigned?"

___ tapped their finger against their chin, looking up to the ceiling. "Hmm, I dunno... what do I get out of it?"

"Helping out one of your bestest friends in the world?" Robin smiled, watching as ___ tilted their head at him, "I'll have my mom make you something, anything you want."

"Now you're talkin'." They smirked, nodding at him as the students walking past them stalled for a moment, whispering.

"You have an unhealthy obsession with my mom's cooking."

"Your mom is a genius in the kitchen, don't disrespect her like that. Plus she always knows just what to make to keep your ass on my good side." A wide smirk played on their lips as they ruffled his hair, chuckling as his glowering as he fixed his hair. ___ stood up straight once more, finally taking notice of the students all staring towards the end of the hall. It was probably a fight, they happened often. Whether it was Finney getting his ass kicked by those three shitheads, Robin beating some kid to shit, or Vance Hopper. Pinball Vance, as the others called him, was one of the toughest kids in school according to ___'s two younger friends. They knew all about Vance though. They were in the same grade and had quite a number of classes together. The two had never spoken with one another, but he always seemed to have some sort of problem with them. 

Vance always seemed to be glaring at them whenever their eyes met, quickly breaking the connection every single time. ___ never really put much thought to it, they had a few rumors spread about them before so they usually chopped it up to that. Maybe he was the one starting the rumors, who knew? If it was him, he must've run out of conspiracies seeing how quiet it had been about them and their two younger friends. 

Sadly, the two were not sparred, usually being bullies by association. ___ was snapped from their thoughts as the aforementioned strutted past them in the hall. Suspicions confirmed, they watched him walk past, catching his eye. His gaze seemed to glide over them before he could no longer see them without turning his head. ___ watched him, rolling their eyes before turning to the two boys who had grown silent. "Are you listening to me?"