Chapter 21

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's the next day. Most of the students are already in the classroom talking about their internships. The door to the room opens and Izuku comes in, greeting the others and then taking his seat. He talks to Juzo and Rin while two girls look at him. Namely, Setsuna and Kendo look at Izuku. Setsuna leans over to Kendo and whispers to her.

Setsuna: Is it just me or does Izuku seem older? And also more mature?

Kendo puts a hand on her chin.

Kendo: You're right. He seems somehow more mature and older. What happened during his internship that made him change so much?

Setsuna laughs a little and leans back.

Setsuna: Maybe the training was such hell.

At that moment the door to the classroom opens and Vlad comes in.

Vlad: Good morning class!

Everyone immediately sits down and looks at their teacher.

Vlad: I hope the internships went well for you all. We're going to do a rescue drill today. But we change that a bit, we make a race out of it. I divide you into groups of four and each group gets its turn. Let's head to Beta City.

The class follows their teacher to one of the shuttle buses and they drive to one of the practice cities located throughout the school campus. The city itself is more like an industrial area with all the pipes running through the city. Vlad has already entered and positioned himself on a silo. Izuku is in a group with Reiko, Kendo and Tetsutetsu. The four stand in their respective starting positions and wait for the starting signal.

Vlad: And GO!

Tetsutetsu just starts running in a straight line and when I say straight line I mean straight line he bashes through any wall in his path. Kendo uses her big hands to get over any obstacle. Reiko has chosen a metal plate, stands on it and uses her Quirk to make the plate fly.

Izuku: What would work best here?

He opens his jacket and pulls out a shuriken from Zed. He lights up and stands there in the armor of Zed. He starts running and sends his shadow out. His shadow wanders in the ground through the city and makes its way to Vlad. Izuku is still running.

Kendo: What is the armor Izuku is wearing? I think his luck ran out on him here.

But just at that moment, Izuku feels that his shadow has arrived at Vlad and disappears. Vlad is just a bit confused, a shadow appeared in front of him that just stands there. He's about to poke him when Izuku appears and his armor disappears.

Izuku: That worked better than expected.

Vlad looks at him amazed and confused.

Vlad: I just can't make sense of your quirk. With this armor and weapons you can control shadows?

Izuku: Not really. The armor and weapons once belonged to a ninja who could control shadows. I get every skill of a person who once carried this weapon.

Vlad nods, at least he understands the quirk a bit better now. One by one the others arrive. Reiko is the second to arrive, Kendo is the third, and Tetsutetsu is the last to arrive.

Vlad: Alright Izuku won this round. Reiko, Kendo your approach was good but you need to speed up a bit. Tetsutetsu, you should reconsider your approach!

The rest of the day is actually pretty chilled. There are no problems and Izuku understands everything in the classes. But the exams are soon and class B got a tip from an older student that the physical exam is just a robot fight. Which Izuku doesn't believe. He and his classmates are about to leave school and they are talking about it.

Rin: So if it's really just robots we have simple game.

Izuku: I don't think it will only be robots.

His classmates look at him in confusion and surprise.

Setsuna: Why do you think that?

Izuku: Just think about everything that has happened in the last year. The villains are getting bolder and I think they want to test us if we can do it. I think we're going to fight real people.

Kendo: Sounds logical. So who do you think it will be?

Izuku shrugs.

Izuku: No idea... Maybe third graders? Maybe the teachers or somewhat lesser-known heroes.

The group leaves the school grounds, but Izuku suddenly turns around, he has the feeling someone is watching him, but there is nobody there...

Izuku: Weird...

Kendo: Everything okay?

Izuku: Yeah.... everything is okay...

To be continued.