Chapter 24

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's the next day of training camp and the training really is hell, at least for most. For Izuku it seems like normal training. Most students are forced to train their Quirk to the extreme, to the point where your body aches. You can see that with the Tape Guy from Class 1-A, he's been screaming all the time. The result? Everyone is completely exhausted by the evening except for Izuku, who is a bit out of breath, but nothing more. During the camp he met a boy named Kota, he doesn't really like heroes, he doesn't know exactly why, but he wants to help him somehow.

In the evening a test of courage was held where the two classes "fight" each other. Actually they should only try to scare the other class. The test of courage takes place in groups of two and they go through the forest.

Izuku is in the forest and lurks for the class 1-A students to scare them, he is quite close to the point where you should pick up a talisman as proof that you were in the forest. Everything is fine and quiet when he suddenly hears a rustling in the bushes. But it's not coming to him. He looks sideways through some bushes and his eyes widen as he sees a Nomu sneaking up on Ragdoll from behind.

Izuku: Ragdoll! Dogde!

Ragdoll seems surprised, but dodges the spot where she was standing just as the Nomu struck. Ragdoll kicks the Nomu in the face, sending it sideways onto the ground a bit, but before it gets up, it's hit by two shots from the side. Nomu's face is slightly burned as Nomu and Ragdoll look aside to see Izuku holding a double-barreled shotgun and wearing a torn red cloak.

Izuku: Attacking a lady from behind is not very nice you monster!

Izuku reloads and looks at Ragdoll seriously.

Izuku: Ragdoll please move aside.

Ragdoll does just that as Izuku shoots a shell at Nomu that explodes on impact, sending the monster a few meters backwards. After the smoke clears, the Nomu lies motionless against a tree, with its head absent. Ragdoll approaches Izuku, who makes his shotgun disappear.

Ragdoll: A bit overkill, isn't it?

He shrugs his shoulders.

Izuku: It's either that or get killed by this thing. By the way, we should warn the others. Once this thing is here, other villains won't be far away!

Ragdoll: Right!

The two start running while Ragdoll tries to reach her colleagues.

Ragdoll: Mandalay! Villains are here!

Izuku listens to the conversation.

Mandalay: We already know that, please come here quickly, we need support. Pixie box is injured.

Izuku takes her phone from her.

Ragdoll: Hey!

Izuku: Mandalay, this is Izuku Yagi! Do you have any idea where Kota is?!

Mandalay: Kota?! Why do you ask this?!

Izuku: Crap. I haven't known him long but I don't think he stayed in the house. I'll go get him!

Izuku tosses the phone to Ragdoll again and starts speeding up, much to her surprise.

Ragdoll: Yagi! Wait!

But before she can stop him, Izuku jumps high into the trees and starts hopping from tree to tree at an impressive speed.

Izuku: I know where Kota's hiding place is, I have to go there quickly! I will not allow a child to suffer the way I did!