20. Crash

Days became weeks as Summer approached. Rio has no idea what had happened with Oscar and I told him to keep it that way. Summer break followed and Oscar took my advice, I had asked him to hang out with Liv more, she was possibly the only one who could make him stop thinking about it.
They went out to the beach together, with their classmates obviously. He spent his time doing some activities from a nearby NGO that got him certificates to apply for college. Yes,he was fully distracted. Until again,he crossed paths with her.
As luck would have it, one of the activities was the cleaning up of a park that was in Rio's neighborhood. She was out on a stroll when she noticed him in the bunch of people who were cleaning up.
"Hey whatchu upto"
"Oh Hi...Wow!" his eyes trailed off to Rio's sweatshirt and sweatpants combo. She looked as gorgeous as a model in that outfit.
"What happened?' She looked around thinking he was talking about something nearby.
"You"
"What"
"You look heavenly"
"I'm in my sweatpants"
"Exactly"
"What"
"You look good even in sweatpants"
"Aww thank you, but no I feel more comfort in this than anything"
"Comfortable and Hot"
"I know it is hot, so what are you doing anyway?"
"I'm volunteering to clean up a bunch of public places'
"Oh, that sounds nice"
"It's a task dealing with all kinds of people"
"It really is nice then, speaking of people, I heard that you've been hanging around with Liv more" she smirked. "Yea she's really good company I guess"
"That's it? I thought you guys were getting serious"
"I can't, with her"

Oh shit

"What do you mean?"
"I don't really want to talk about this"
"Tell me"
"No, I really shouldn't'
"It's fine what could it possibly be"
"It's not good"
"What is?"
"What you're doing now"
"I'm just curious as your friend"
"Fine, I have feelings for another girl"
"Oooh, someone other than Liv, you player"

I did not like where this conversation was going.

"I like her a lot, heck I'm in love with her"
"Who is she? Wait let me guess, Isabella? She's really cute too"
"No not her"
"Then is it someone from your area?"
"No"
"Then?"

Oscar stop, don't.

"Its..."

No don't please I'm begging you don't say what I think you're gonna say to her.

"...you"

Dead silence. As if even the people around decided all at once to shut themselves up at once.

"This is a joke right?" Rio was confused and a little anger was showing on her face.

"No, I have feelings for you"
"How long?"
"Since January 1st"
"Why?"

Yep, she wasn't going to say it back. Because she never felt that way for him.

"You're everything to me. My parents gave me a life, but you taught me how to live it. I never knew what it was like to have fun until you pulled my hand out of the set path my parents put me on. You changed me
"Ew"

Strike one

"I don't even see you as a guy"

Strike two

"And you aren't even my type, I like older, taller and more mature boys"

Strike three
and Oscar was out.

"You just had to ruin everything we had didn't you"
"I told you, I didn't want to talk about this" his voice was weepy.
"Then you should've stopped yourself. This is why I don't have guy friends, every one of them wants more than friendship with me, why can't we be friends just for once"
"I'm sorry... I tried to fight this, I wasn't strong enough"
"Exactly why you aren't my type"
"I'm so sorry for falling in love with you"

"Don't talk to me" she walked away as she left Oscar on the pavement they were sitting on.
Oscar bawled his eyes out. It was all over for him, not sure if that was all he dreamt or hoped of, but pretty sure all of it was just, gone