Part 21: The Battle of the Two Queens

We both drew our swords and began circling each other as the men around us began to step back.

Our swords began to clang against each other. My breath gasped in between each clang. She growled each time she swung her sword, throwing more strength into her swings. We'd swung the swords at one another each giving scratches and cuts to the other. Until I'd swung at her and she'd pulled me in close towards her, holding me by my neck she crowed into my ear,

"Are you ready to die sister?" her arms tightening around me,

"ARE YOU?" I cried as I threw my head back into hers, knocking her back and as I turned around I threw my leg out and kicked her to the ground. Grunting, she hit the floor with a loud thud, causing everyone to stop dead in their tracks as I held my sword to my sister's throat.

"Go on then...KILL ME!" she seethed as her chest began to frantically rise up and down. I stood over her, sword in hand. 'What are you waiting for? Just do it!' my mind argued with my heart. She'd killed thousands, she deserved it but after all she was my sister. I gave a long-exhaled breath.

"Take her! Lock her up. She doesn't deserve the easy way out for what she's done." I simply said. She looked up at me with confusion. Two of my men reached for her and restrained her with cuffs.

"You're a coward Alicia!" she screamed as they took her away. I turned to the dark knight who had hold of Hatter

"RELEASE HIM!" I commanded slowly but surely, he did. I then took to my knees and pulled Jack close to me. He still grasped his shoulder.

"Alice?" he rasped in pain.

"SHHH, don't talk, it's going to be alright." I turned to beckon men to carry him, but he grabbed my hand and replied,

"I knew you could do it." He smiled and then fell unconscious.

"Get him back to the palace and tend to his wound immediately, do not leave him on his own. GO!" I said fearing the worst, hoping he'd survive.

"Alicia is your true queen. Long Live the Queen!" Hatter began, I turned and smiled as all the men kneeled and chanted,

"Long Live the Queen!" I looked at Hatter who stood in front of me and then kneeled. He looked up at me smiling and I smiled back. It was finally over. Wonderland was safe. I was Queen.