- E L E V E N. -

After their return to the campsite, the atmosphere between Lyra and Bellamy was slightly better. All that was established was they would kiss one another again, but they had to survive first.

Lyra had shown her findings to Monty and Jasper, as they were members of Farm Station. If anyone knew anything about plants, it would be them two. They thought her findings were useful for medicinal purposes, but Lyra was just happy she found the right plants.

As night approached, Lyra was sitting on a log beside the burning fire. Wonder filled her mind as she thought if it would ever get cold in this region. The Ark was always chilled from being suspended in space and encased with metal.

"What did you do to my brother?"

Looking up at the teasing voice, Lyra smiled. A wide grin was placed on Octavia's face as she sat down next to Lyra on the log.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lyra chuckled.

"I saw he was your bodyguard today," Octavia smirked with one of her dark eyebrows raised in questioning. "Looking for plants?"

"We actually were looking for plants!" Lyra jumped to the defense with a small laugh.

Her defensive comment did not change Octavia's mind. Octavia knew her brother quite well and had never seen him strung over a girl. Upon their arrival on Earth, she knew he had already had a couple flings. But it seemed the medic was worth more than just a fling.

"Just... be patient with him, okay?" Octavia mumbled. Though her dark hair curtained most of her face, the bright light from the fire showed the pleading look in her features. "He's a hard ass, but he's my brother. He has good intentions."

Surprise overcame Lyra at the younger sister's speech. Though she didn't know Bellamy as well as Octavia, she knew that he had a good heart. The boy had a savior complex that he couldn't help, and he desired to be a good leader to his people. There was no denial that Bellamy had good intentions.

Before she could respond to Octavia's warning, a deep, raspy voice interrupted their newly serious conversation. "Is Octavia pestering you?"

Tilting her head up, she was met with the teasing smirk from the shirtless older brother of Octavia Blake. With a clenched fist, she playfully punched her brother's waist.

Light shades of pink colored Lyra's cheeks after seeing his bare chest and toned abdomen. She had never seen any of his skin underneath his uniform, and it wasn't hard for her to admit that the guy was muscular. Thankfully it was night time and her flushed cheeks could be attributed to the blazing fire in front of her.

Suddenly, she felt a tap of fingers against the side of her arm. Looking towards the girl sitting next to her, Octavia is pointing towards the night sky. "Look! Is that from the Ark?"

Her eyes stared at the descending object that resembled a meteorite and her lips parted in surprise. It wasn't as big as the drop ship they came down in, but it was big enough to hold a person and some extra cargo.

"Now we can kick some Grounder ass!" Said a random male delinquent.

They were sending help.

Conflict boiled in her while trying to decide if it was a good thing or a bad thing. They needed the help of the Ark guards to fight against the Grounders. They needed people from Farm Station to help them make their own food. But they didn't need the same leadership as what they had on the Ark.

The one person who didn't seem happy in the slightest was Bellamy Blake. His face was void of emotion. Whatever he did on the Ark, they would punish him once they land on Earth — that much she knew. Curiosity got the best of her as she often wondered what he could have done to be so afraid of them coming down.