- S E V E N T E E N. -

Miller unlocked the hatch, and Clarke and Octavia quickly entered the second level. The blonde's face was a feverish red color from the anger she was exhibiting. In her hand was the same knife that Lyra had pulled out of Finn's chest. She held the bloodied knife up to the face of the shackled Grounder. With a stern voice, she demanded to know, "What is on this?"

"Clarke, what are you talking about?" Lyra questioned. Both her and Bellamy walked over to the escalating scene, equally confused.

"He poisoned the blade!" Clarke glanced at her friend for a short moment before returning her attention to the Grounder. She only saw Clarke's eyes for a second, but she could see the glossy film over her eyes. Clarke wasn't angry; she was afraid. "All this time he knew Finn was going to die no matter what we did. What is it?! Is there an antidote?"

"Clarke, he doesn't understand you," Octavia attempted to defend. But it was no use; neither Clarke nor Bellamy cared whether he spoke English or not.

"Vials," Bellamy muttered under his breath as he quickly grabbed the small case of vials they had found on the Grounder. He handed the box to Clarke. Her fingers shook as she picked up one of the vials between her fingers. She pleaded with the hostage, "Which one?"

"Show us, please..." Octavia pleaded. Unlike Clarke, she took on a soothing tone. She was gentle and compassionate towards this Grounder after he never killed her despite chaining her inside of a cave.

The pleas of both Octavia and Clarke didn't make the man budge. He maintained his blank stare, which only resulted in an infuriated Bellamy. This man was tough and was loyal to his kind. It was going to take more than begging to make him spill his culture's secrets.

"I'll get him to talk," Bellamy grunted and took a step towards the shackled Grounder.

Before Lyra could beat him to it, Octavia grabbed ahold of her brother's arm to stop him. He brushed her off with ease. His anger immediately became directed at his younger sister, "He wants Finn to die! Why can't you see that?!"

"Do you want him to live or not?" Bellamy turned his attention towards Clarke, whose expression showed her internal conflict. She was debating between showing the Grounder mercy or doing it Bellamy's way.

"Clarke, he protected me!" Octavia pleaded with the blonde to desperately show her the man was not a monster. "He saved my life!"

It was obvious that the Grounder had some sort of feelings towards Octavia. If not, it was likely he would have killed her and not saved her. He wasn't a true monster; he had feelings and he felt pain. In that moment, Lyra realized whose side she was truly on.

Her feet shifted so she would be standing in front of Clarke. The only way for Clarke to actively listen to her. "Clarke, it doesn't have to be done this way. We aren't like them. If we show him mercy, he will help us."

Clarke shook her head at her friend's words. Her friend was right, but this was Finn's life they were talking about. The boy she loved. "Do it."

Those two simple words were all Bellamy needed to make his next move. He walked towards one of the seats they had originally sat in when they boarded this ship and sliced a section of the seatbelt with the buckle intact.

Octavia jumped forward in order to plead further with the Grounder, but the two watchmen grabbed her instantly to hold her back. Her brother walked back towards the Grounder with a portion of the red strap wrapped around his knuckles. With the same knife, he tore away the shirt worn by the Grounder to show his bare skin.

Bellamy backed away from the Grounder and clutched the red strap in his fist. His sister's pleas, begging him to stop, were ignored as he was getting ready to strike. Lyra looked between the Grounder and Bellamy before she did the unthinkable.