Prologue

"Grandma, do you know who they were?"
"Of course, love, everyone did. They were the greatest heroes the galaxy had ever known."
"Can you tell me about them?"
"Well it was the day the Clone Wars ended. Separatist leader Count Dooku had been defeated during the Battle of Coruscant, and days later Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi engaged and destroyed the cyborg General Grievous on Utapau. Ahsoka Tano and the 501st captured the renegade Sith Lord Darth Maul on Mandalore, and it seemed the Clone War was finally coming to an end."
"Then what?"
"The puppetmaster of the entire war, Darth Sidious, revealed himself to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. He had hoped the powerful young Jedi would join him in his conquest, but Anakin resisted his temptations, and risked his life to destroy the Sith Lord, finally bringing about the end of the most destructive galactic conflict in thousands of years.
In the days that followed, the crippled Republic began to rebuild. Padme Amidala was elected as the new Supreme Chancellor, and she spent all eight years of her term relentlessly working to bring order back to the galaxy.
The Jedi council disbanded, and for the first time in hundreds of years, a new grandmaster was chosen, Anakin Skywalker's old padawan, Ahsoka Tano. She set about the separation of the Order from politics and reestablished the Jedi as peacekeepers and servants of the people. It was rocky, and not everything was immediately perfect, the Sith Lord Darth Maul still wreaked havoc after his escape from the Citadel prison, but the galaxy entered a golden age of peace and prosperity."
"Then what?"
"Well, let me see. A long, long time ago in a galaxy, far far away. . .