CHAPTER EIGHT

—        H E A D    O V E R   H E E L S         —

— H E A D O V E R H E E L S —

I BEGIN to rush out of the house as i make it to the baseball game, finney and bruce were depending on it so i couldn't disappoint.

i had grabbed my favourite pair of jeans and a random top before styling my hair in an acceptable way, once i was happy with it i began packing.

but here i am now, walking through the streets of north denver making my way to a baseball match, i begin running as i was slightly behind on time.

i spot gwen in the crowd and sit beside her as she encourages finney who was getting into position.

"yes finney!" i cheer, slightly out of breath from the run.

finney turns around and spots me in the crowd, nodding at me with a smirk, i assume it was his way of saying thank you silently.

i then see bruce about to bat and let out a cheer for him, he gives me a quick glance before smiling widely, readjusting his grip on the bat.

"play ball!" the umpire yells, the crowd cheering for the team they were supporting.

i let out a cheer, gwen joining in beside me as finney throws the ball making a strike, bruce looking a bit taken back from missing.

"c'mon bruce, c'mon finney!" i yell clapping my hands.

"let's go finney, two more strikes!" a boy yells from the pitch as finney throws the ball again.

"strike two!" the umpire announces to the crowd and the teams.

bruce looks down at the floor moving his shoulders slightly before looking over at me giving me a nod.

he turns to finney again, a stern look of concentration crossed his features as he braces himself for the ball, finney throws the ball and bruce hits it with ease.

"yes bruce!" i scream cheering for bruce before looking to finney, "it's okay finney!"

"home run!" the umpire yells causing some of the crowd to groan in defeat, everyone was chanting bruce as he races to his team.

everyone began leaving but i stayed as the team began saying 'good game' to each other.

"hey dude!" bruce yells to finney, "man, your arm is mint, you almost had me"

"good game" finney tells bruce who repeats the same words with a smile.

the teams began going their own paths but bruce waited for me, looking around the area.

"bruce!" i call, a huge smile on my face as i run to him, we both hold our arms out for one another and bruce lifts me up hugging me tightly.

"you came!" he grins happily, looking up at me, i let out a laugh rolling my eyes as i ruffle his hair.