CHAPTER SEVEN

—        H E A D    O V E R   H E E L S         —

— H E A D O V E R H E E L S —

EXITING THE school i realise it was pitch black outside and begin running as fast as i could, i notice car lights and an engine turn on and turn to see the black van.

i push myself to run faster only to see gwen behind me, the van close to her, i switch course and notice the van opening as it approaches gwen.

i run faster towards her, the van and i racing the to girl, i then tackle gwen to the floor as the van passes us, hearing a voice curse before closing the door driving off, i look down at the girl panting.

"you okay?" i wheeze, my voice becoming croaky from pushing myself whilst running.

"i will be once you get off me" she groans, holding her head.

"right" i nod, rolling off her, both of us laying on the floor out of breath.

"what'd you do that for?" she asks, resting on her elbows.

"the black van.. it's almost as if someone was about to grab you, i couldn't let that happen" i mumble looking at the stars above us.

"thank you" she says, the two of us trying to catch our breath, i heard footsteps slapping against the concrete behind us and look to see two familiar figures.

"gwen, y/n!" finney yells, rushing to our sides, "what happened? why are you on the floor? are you okay? are you hurt?"

"finney, calm down it's okay" i tell the boy as he helps up gwen, i lazily sit up at look to see a hand in front of me, robin.

"here, let me help you up" robin sighs, i take his hand as he pulls me up to my feet, "listen y/n-"

"not listening" i tell the boy, brushing myself off before walking again, trying to catch up with finney and gwen who were ahead of us, robin then grabs my arm and yanks me back.

"no, you listen now" he says, looking me dead in the eye, "i'm sorry okay, i was a jerk back then and you were right"

"alright" i shrug, "well, i was also in the wrong, i shouldn't have yelled at you i'm sorry, now can we please go?"

— 🍁

it was now monday and everything was back to normal, i hadn't seen the black van in ages and robin and i are cool again.

it was a lovely autumn day, the sun was shining
and people were laughing chattering, nothing could go wrong!

i saw paper flying towards me and stopped it with my foot, i turn it around to see it was another missing poster, my heart stopped beating for a moment and my whole world crashed around me.

"billy..." i mumble, looking around i hope to see the boy biking around with buddy his dog, to hear the bell of his bike.

nothing.