Will Byers - 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩

❝𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓❞

[𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 ]

【"I love you.."】

Will zipped up his bag, waiting next to his bike, almost ready to get on, "Will please! they were just joking," he didn't say anything he just kept fumbling with his backpack. "Will, i-it was a cool campaign! come back inside, we can finish it!" you said, he still refused to talk, "please, you're gonna get hurt riding in the rain, at least wait the rain out, please," you begged, still no response. 

"T-They just don't want to play right now--" Will cut you off, "yeah! (Y / N)! That's the problem! They're never in the mood anymore! They're ruining our party!" Will yelled, "that's not true!" you argued, "really?! where's Dustin right now?" he asked, you paused, not knowing the answer. "See? you don't know! and you even don't care, and obviously he doesn't either, and I don't blame him!" he gasped for air, he had more to say, "they're destroying everything and for what? so they can swap spit with some stupid girls?!" he yelled, throwing his arms around.

"El's not stupid! It's not my fault you don't like her!" you exclaimed. Will gasped quietly, you felt your heart drop, "I-I'm not trying to be a jerk, okay?" you paused, "but we're not kids anymore, I mean, what did you think, really? that we were never gonna date? and we were all gonna sit in Mike's basement all day and play games for the rest of our lives?" you asked, Will's eyes furrowed. "Yeah, I guess I did." Will scoffed, "I really did," he said, getting on his bike and kicking off. 

"Will," you paused, a little heartbroken, and full of guilt, "Will!" he rode off, "Will come on!" you yelled, but he didn't stop, he biked away. You frowned, feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt bubbled in your stomach, you ran inside to get your stuff. "Where's Will?" Mike asked. You scoffed, "now you care?" you asked, he looked at you confused, "he's pissed because all you guys care is about El and Max! I miss them too, but sometimes you need to make time for your friends."  you lectured, Lucas and Mike looked at each other, probably now feeling bad after what you said. 

You jumped up the stairs, and running out of the house, running toward Will's house, the night started to set in as you slipped, falling on your face and scratching your chin and skimming your hands, you groaned, getting up and starting to run again, the world was dark when you made it to his house, you knocked on the door. "Will?!" You yelled, no answer, there were also no lights on in the house, you ran around the side, still seeing no lights on, checking the shed and running to Castle Byers, destroyed Castle Byers, "Will..?" you asked, he looked up at you. 

"What're you doing here...?" he mumbled, looking back at what he did to his hangout, his safe place. "Will, I-I'm sorry.. you should've come first, I-I'm sorry and... I-I love you.." you said quickly, he didn't move at first, before standing up and facing you. 

"You love me?" he asked, stepping closer to you, you nodded sharply, "I do.." you whispered. His face got closer as he pulled you in for a kiss, closing the gap between you two kissing your lips gently, cupping your face. He pulled away breathing against your lips, "I love you too, (Y / N).." he whispered back. 

【Made - September 10th 2022】