| chapter 3

♡☆♡

♡☆♡

ALLIAH HAD TROUBLE FALLING ASLEEP.

She'd only been able to sleep about two hours before she was woken up by the muffled sounds of footsteps against the wooden floorboards.

(Alliah remembered begging Tony for the floorboards, despite their impracticality. There was just something about touching polished wood that calmed her down.)

Alliah groggily turned around, watching the brown-haired boy from the day before tip-toeing to her desk, a plate of syrupy pancakes.

In her half-asleep state, she didn't think things through properly. "What are you doing in my room."

The boy jumped, almost dropping the plate of pancakes onto the floor. "Oh! Hi! I-I'm so sorry. Mr. Stark told me to bring you this plate, and I swear I knocked, but you were asleep, and I-I didn't mean to invade your privacy, but Mr. Stark said-"

"Yeah, yeah, let's cut to the chase. Are those pancakes for me?" Alliah asked. But unlike her previous interaction with the boy, she spoke in a light-hearted tone, a small smile on her face.

The boy nodded. "Y-yeah!"

Alliah held out her hands, and sure enough, the boy handed her the plate of pancakes.

If there's something that cheered Alliah up, no matter how much pain she was in, it was pancakes. Especially chocolate-chip pancakes.

"Thanks, uh..." Alliah stared blankly at him. "This is usually the part where you say your name."

He blinked. "Oh! I'm Spider Parker. I mean, Peter-Man. I mean-"

Alliah laughed, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. "Peter Parker, huh? You're spidey-boy?"

"It's Spiderman," Peter mumbled.

Alliah grinned. "Sure, sure."

Alliah took a bite of her pancakes, enjoying the buttery taste, and the chocolate that just melted on her tongue.

"Did you eat?" Alliah asked, raising an eyebrow.

Peter nodded. "Yeah."

Alliah nodded. "So, did my dad, like, tell you to make sure I finished eating, or-?" She asked.

Peter blinked. "No, I'm sorry, I-I'll leave now."

Sure enough, he did rush his way to the door, but before he was out of sight, Alliah called to him. "Parker?"

He turned around, meeting her eyes.

Alliah was flustered for a moment, caught off-guard by his eyes. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. For yesterday. You were being nice, and I snapped at you."