nine ✿

FLASHBACK TIME!!

FLASHBACK TIME!!

FEBRUARY 14TH, 1974.

__________________

DELPHINE had been friends with Bruce for two years now, and she couldn't imagine spending the rest of time with anyone else.

That was until, she met Robin.

Delphine had lost some of her strength, as her mother had died a month ago. She was only 10, but she knew why her mother had died and where she was.

She hadn't been able to ward off her own bullies, especially one specific boy called Vance Hopper.

Vance would shove her in mud, blame things that he did on her, call her names, and more.

Delphine still tried to be his friend. Whenever she saw him run out of his house and cry on the sidewalk, she would walk over to him and try to comfort him.

He pushed her away every single time.

He didn't mean to of course, the poor boy didn't know how to love. He grew up in a household where his mom would get abused, and he tried to help but would always get hurt worse. His mom failed to protect him usually from his dad, but it's the thought that counted to Vance. He grew up thinking that love was always gonna be portrayed like this. That you hurt people you love, but over the years he didn't love anyone. He got into fights at the age of 10, and began getting worse everywhere he went.

The only person he loved, was his mom and Delphine.

Vance didn't like showing it to Delphine, so once again he showed it in a meaner manner.

So, that leads us to how Robin and Del met.

_______________

VANCE had shoved Delphine into a puddle filled with mud, she was wearing a light pink t-shirt and shorts, when she got shoved.

Vance's "friends" laughed and made fun of her, she face planted in the mud, and was getting up.

A few tears fell from Delphines eyes, and then something tugged on her ponytail.

Vance grabbed ahold of her ponytail and pulled, making her wince and shut her eyes tightly.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was shut down when a boy with shoulder length hair shoved him and he landed right next to Delphine, in the mud.

The kid was wearing a bandana, and he lifted his hand out for Delphine to grab.

She looked up at him and he gave her a smile, so she took his hand and stood behind him, frowning slightly and feeling bad for Vance.

"Don't be rude to her! Delphine's better than any of you guys will ever be." The kid yelled at the group, 2 of them backed down and Delphine observed them.