'Chapter 3'

(July 16th, 1934)

I woke up to see my mother and father standing next to my bed with a present in their hands.

"Matin mama et papa." (Morning mama and papa) I say happily.

"Joyeux anniversaire Florence!" (Happy Birthday Florence) They say giving putting the present that was in their hands onto my bed and came over to give me a birthday hug making me smile.

"Merci mama et papa!" (Thank-you mama and papa) I say happily. They took a seat on my bed and gave me the first present to open. I open the wrapping paper and see a beautiful blue coloured dress with floral designs at the bottom."

"Oh, mon dieu c'est beau. Merci !" (Oh my gosh this is beautiful. Thank-you!" I say giving them both a kiss on their cheeks. I got out of bed as they went downstairs starting on breakfast. I got changed into my new blue dress and it fit perfectly. I slipped on some boots and then walked downstairs, and I got greeted by the smell of bacon and eggs. I sat down at the table and watched as my mother served up my breakfast. I ate it up and it was unbelievably delicious. I thanked my mother and then started getting ready. I did my hair nicely and then started backing my bag up form school. A knock at the door sounded and I was still upstairs getting ready. I heard Bucky and Steve's voice at the door and hear my father's voice speaking to them.

"Hey, je suis là pour Florence." (Hey, I am here for Florence) I heard Bucky say. I knew he could speak French but not this well. I came downstairs and see Bucky look at me and smile. I ran up to the door saying goodbye to my father and then walking out the door with Bucky and Steve.

"Morning Florence, Happy Birthday!" Bucky and Steve say to me. Bucky handed me a small box with a ribbon on it. I took it in my hands.

"Thank-you Bucky." I speak. I gently untied the ribbon tucking it into my pocket. I then opened the small box and gasped. Inside the box was beautiful god chain with a butterfly charm on it.

"Oh my gosh. This is beautiful Bucky! It is so pretty." I speak. I carefully lifted the necklace out of the box and held it in my hands.

"But Bucky, it looks expensive. I said you didn't need to gift me anything expensive." I say turning to him. He chuckled a bit.

"Don't worry about its Flo, do you want me to help you put it on?" he asked. I nodded dropping the chain carefully into his hand. I turned around and picked up my hair. Bucky gently wrapped the necklace around my neck and clipped it on.

"Thank-you Buck."

We made it to school after Steve accidently slipped over in the snow. We got through the school and into the classroom.

(TIME SKIP TILL LATER THAT NIGHT, July 16th, 1934)

For my birthday we were going out to the local park. I set up the table to have a tablecloth and cutlery. We spent the afternoon making macrons for my part. We made chocolate, strawberry and vanilla flavored macrons and displayed them onto a nice tray. For dinner we made a lovely roast dinner and assorted it nicely on the table. Soon enough both Bucky and Steve made it to the park. They were both holding a small present in their hands. I smiled as I ran over to them giving them both a hug.

"Happy Birthday Florence." Steve said in my ear.

"Happy Birthday Flo." Bucky said.

"Thank-you Bucky and Steve,"

We all took a seat at the table and started to serve up diner. Even though the table was dimly lit by few candles the dinner was overall enjoyable. After dinner we cleared the plates and moved them to the side. I jumped up and served three macrons to each of us. We sung happy birthday and then finished out dessert.

"Right now, present time!" Bucky said handing Steve's and Bucky's present over in front of me. I took Steve's first and opened it gently. Inside was a new notebook and pen, and a beautiful hand drawn portrait of me, Bucky, and himself. I gasped at the sight.

"Oh my gosh Steve's, this is, astounding." I say looking at all the intricate details that Steve had drawn. I get up wrap my hands around him pulling him into a hug.

"Thank-you Steve." His arms wrap around mine.

"Your welcome." I pulled away and returned to my seat. I then opened Bucky's gift. I opened it and saw it was a collage of photos of us throughout the years I carefully inspected each photo of us slowly getting older and older. But there was one spot missing. I looked up and saw Bucky's mother, Winnifred taking out a camera.

"I just need one more photo to add to that page." Bucky said. I placed all my presents onto the table and got up. I stood in the middle and Bucky and Steve stood either side of me. We all smiled as Winifred took a couple of photos. I got two photos, one to keep and the other to paste onto the collage. I placed both photos in my present pile and then walked with Bucky and Steve to around the park. Like on Bucky's 11th birthday we found a spot in the park and lied in the grass.

"Thank-you so much for coming to my birthday Bucky and Steve." I started.

"All good. Thank-you for inviting me." Bucky and Steve said.

"Well, I have one more thing to tell you. You guys are going to come back to my place for a sleepover tonight!" I speak. I watch as the faces light up in shock. They both smiled and nodded their heads in unison. I laughed as both sat up. They both helped me up and we walked over to where Sarah and Winifred were talking. I saw them helping to pack up and immediately started helping them. I packed everything that belonged to me into a basket and then disposed of any rubbish that was left in the area. I help the materials in my arms and bucky and Steve, both grabbed them out from me.

"Bucky, Steve. I can carry them don't worry about it." I said trying to grab it from their hands, but they wouldn't't let me.

"No, the Birthday Girl should not have to carry their things home on their birthday." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes exactly. Steve said. Bucky and Steve said goodbye to their parents and then we all started walking home. The three of us walked together down the dark streets of Brooklyn and back to my house. We walked up the front steps and I grabbed the key from inside a pot plant. I them turned to Steve and Bucky.

"Now before we go in, I just need to warn you. My parents can only say the bare minimum of English so if you see them just smile at then." I spoke. They both nodded and agreed. I nodded as well and then unlock the door. The house was quiet and dimly lit. I pressed my finger to my lips to tell them to be quiet as they both followed me up the stairs to my bedroom. We made it up the stairs and into my bedroom. We started to create a bed that we could all sleep in. It consisted of my mattress and pillows from my bed laying across the floor. We grabbed two blankets from my bed and from my closet and laided them across our makeshift bed. We then all laided down and got tucked in. I was in the middle, and we watched the ceiling in the dark.

"We're still going to be friends till forever falls apart right?" I whispered.

"TiIl forever falls apart." Bucky whispered. My eyes soon shut, and I feel into a sleep next to my 2-favourite people in my world.

(Bucky POV)

It late at night and I felt Florence become limp next to me. Her head slightly shifted and feel onto me should. I felt my heart skip a beat. I gently wrapped my arm around her shoulder and shifted so I was facing her.

"Buck," I heard Steve whisper.

"Yeah," I whispered back.

"If you like Florence that much then you should make a first move before someone else swipes her up." Steve whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"I know but I just don't want it to be awkward between us if she turns me down." I whispered back. I heard him scoff.

"Buck, she is pretty girl in this world. It is only a matter of time before someone goes for her. I heard that 4 boys like her and are waiting for their perfect time to get her." Steve whispered. That made my heart drop. I was taking my time to get with her because I want to make sure that she likes me before anything.

"Night punk." I whispered.

"Night jerk." He whispered back making me chuckle.