'Chapter 6'

(July 1936)

Today Steve was graduating high school after Bucky, and I had our one year of freedom now it was our turn to help celebrate Steve's. We walked Steve in school talking about what we were going to do after his last day. We all decided that we were going to go dancing at a new bar that was going to have live music. We watched from outside the school gates as Steve walked inside for the last time. Before the big celebration Bucky and I went to a small café across the street. We walked inside and placed our orders. We then got a table outside and waited for our order.

(TIME SKIP TILL GRADUATION)

"Steven Grant Rodgers." Called the principle. Bucky and I stood from our seats, applauding Steve as he walked across the stage. I smiled to him and gave him a thumbs up as Steve and I made eye contact. He then walked off stage. As soon as the presentation was over Bucky, and I went to find Steve in the crowd of newly graduated kids. I eventually found him alone in the crowd sitting on a bench. I ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"Congratulations Steve! Welcome to the world of the newly graduated teens!" I patted him on the back as Bucky came over to us.

"Let's get out of here!"

(TIME SKIP TILL LATER THAT NIGHT)

(Bucky's POV)

I stood with Florence as we waited for Steve to arrive. He came eventually and then we linked arms and went to the dancing place. Bucky and I tried to hide our relationship when Steve was around and so far, we have been able to since we started dating 2 years ago.

We found a table and ordered drinks as the music started. I stood up and offered my hand to Florence who looked at me and smiled. She grabbed it gladly and then grabbed Steve's hand as well. We all got to the dance floor and started dancing around. Soon enough Steve got tired and retreated to the table, leaving me and Florence on the dance floor. The music slowed down and soon enough Florence and I were ballroom dancing around the hall. I would spin her around sometimes when I could make her laugh and smile. I twirl her around and then pulled her closer, so we were practically hugging while moving to the sound of the best. We remained like that until the music than become more upbeat and we started dancing in a quicker pace.

"I am just going to the bathroom." Florence said. I nodded and then watched as she walked over to the bathroom and entered. I walked back over to Steve who was sitting at the table, starring off into space.

"You guys looked like you were having fun." Steve said to me. I nodded and then smiled.

"Yeah, you should have come and joined us." I said making him shake his head.

"Is there anything going on between you too?" He asked making me hesitate.

"No, why would you think that Steve?" I reassured, trying to sound confident with my answer. We remained silent for a little. I then noticed that Florence was taking a bit too long. I searched around the room, and I couldn't see her. I grabbed Steve's arm and then started pulling him away from the crowd, trying to find Florence.

"Bucky what the hell?" Steve asked trying to get out of my grip. I turned back to him and looked at him.

"I don't know where Florence is I am going to go and search for her." Steve nodded and then looked around the room trying to find Florence.

"I am going to look outside, and you look around here, okay?" Steve said to me. I nodded and then he started making his way to the door and then exited out of the dancing hall. I started my way through the crowd looking for anyone that even remotely looked like Florence. There was nothing though. I then walked over to the girls' bathrooms and knocked on the door. No one answered and then I slightly opened the door.

"Florence you in there?" I shouted waiting for a reply. There was none to receive. I started to get worried and then I stormed outside. I searched all around for her. I then heard a crash from a nearby alleyway. I ran over there and saw a large man looming over Steve who was on the floor. My eyes then searched for Florence and saw her on the ground. Her nose was bleeding, and her eyes were shut. I ran over to her and shook her shoulders. She was unconscious and unresponsive. I then jumped up and grabbed Harvey and pushed him against the wall.

"What did you do to her!" I yelled putting him in a chokehold.

"Nothing," He managed to say.

"Liar, look at her on the ground. What did you do?" I shouted. I then felt him go limp in my arms. I dropped him as he gasped for breath.

I then ran back over to Florence. Steve was there trying to wake her up. He gently searched for her pulse and then found it.

"Her pulse is strong; she must just be unconscious." He concluded. I picked her up and held her in my arms.

"Come on Steve. We will take her back to her house and wait until she wakes up." I spoke. I then walked with Steve back to her house in silence. Steve and I reached the front door and Steve dug through the pot plant for the spare key. He found it and put it into the door, unlocking it and leading the way upstairs and to her bedroom. I carefully placed her in bed and then tucked her in underneath the covers. I then dragged two chairs across, either side of her bed and took a seat in one.

(TIME SKIP TILL MORNING)

(Florence POV)

My ears were ringing, my head ached. My eyes drifted open, and I saw that I was in bed. I rolled my head to the side and saw Steve asleep in the chair next to me. I silently reached out my arm towards him and patted his leg. His eyes drifted open and meet mine. He grabbed my hands and gently squeezed it.

"Buck." He said softly. I turned my head to the other side and saw Bucky's eyes slowly opened and he jumped up. He grabbed my other hand and gently pressed a kiss to it.

"Morning Sunshine." He said jokingly. Memories from last night flooded through my mind, too quick to comprehend.

"What happened last night?" I asked.

"I still don't know Flo but all I know is that we won't be going dancing for a little bit." He said jokingly. I smiled. He remained by my side until the ringing in my ears stopped. He then helped me to my feet and helped me walk down the stairs.