'Chapter 16'

(April 1940)

I was flying to England some point today. I woke up and saw my bag packed neatly. I slipped on my boots and then grabbed my bag doing one last sweep throughout the room to make sure I didn't leave anything. I walked out and saw Bucky and his division doing his warmup which I wasn't attending. I then saw the two men who were escorting me to the plane, waiting for me. I clutched my bags in my hands and made my way over to the field straight up to General Woods.

"Sir may I have a private chat with Sergeant Barnes please before I leave?" I asked. He nodded and then called over Barnes. I walked over to him then lead him to a private spot behind a building where no one could see us.

"I am leaving soon," I started. Bucky pulled me into a long goodbye kiss. His lips lingering on mine even after we pulled apart. He pulled me into a tight hug that I never wanted to end. I felt at peace and safe in his arms and now I will be without them for 3 months.

"I swear that I will be yours forever." I whispered into his ear.

"Till forever falls apart!" He whispered back.
"I love you so much Bucky," I said softly.

"I love you to Florence." He pulled away and then gently smiled at me. We walked back out and I walked up to the men waiting for me.
"Right, lets go." They said, starting to walk away.
"Yes lets," I said walking with them. I turned and gave Bucky one last wave. He blew a kiss back to me and I smiled and continued walked behind the men, leaving the love of my life here.

(TIME SKIP TILL THEY ARE ON THEY PLANE)

I held a photo of me, Bucky, and Steve in my hands as the plane shot down the runway. The plane lifted off the ground and I felt my stomach drop as we climbed higher and higher into the sky and away from my homeland and further towards the danger. The men prepped me for the mission packing a bag for me containing a neat HYDRA uniform and a red dress just in case. They also packed as many guns and weapons as they could fit in the bag without it breaking. They made sure I knew a relatively large amount about biogenetics in case I was asked a question about it.

I was pretty good with all the information but there was one thing. I could only communicate with an agent who was tracking my mission everyone in a while for only a short period of time unless it was a major emergency. I was to collect as much information as possible and then report it back to the army without getting caught. With all this information we landed, and it was nighttime in England. But we didn't stop to rest. The two men left me with another who sailed me over the border of England to France and from there I was driven across the border to the Swiss Alpes where I was working. They dropped me in a small town, and I was so tired that if I closed my eyes for a longer than thirty seconds, I would fall asleep. I walked into the small town with my bag, and I was supposed to meet with a man who would drive me into the bas but before that to get my apartment sorted. I walked into the small apartment building and was greeted by a German lady who spoke small English. I prayed that she knew enough to get me to my apartment.

"Hello, Frieda Schroder," I started. She looked me up and down and then handed me a key.

"3rd floor, apartment 38." I nodded and then took the key. I walked up the stairs and then to apartment 38 and unlocked the door. The door creaked open to reveal a small cozy apartment. I walked inside and dumped my bags onto the floor. I quickly got changed into my HYDRA work clothes and then made sure to strap a gun to my thigh. I was not walking in there not prepared. I then quickly grabbed my ID card for proof to get me into the base. I was to meet in an alleyway which I found almost immediately. I carefully placed the photo of me and Bucky, and Steve into my pocket so they were always with me. A black pulled into the driveway and multiple men got out. One of them speaking to me.