'Chapter 14'

(March 1940)

I stood waiting out in a field with General Woods. We waited for the 10 soldiers to run 5 laps around the oval before we introduce ourselves. They eventually came back and stood in a line. I started with the General behind me. I then started walking in a straight line up and down the soldiers.

"Now, Soldiers. I am Sergeant Chevrolet and yes, I am a female, probably the first you have seen around here. I alongside with General Woods will be overseeing your training and will be looking out for the best Solider on in this division." I then stopped and then heard one of the soldiers' mumbles something.

"She probably can't even throw a good punch." He said under his breath. I slowly turned to them and looked him up and down.

"Step with your right foot forwards sir." He did as he was told. I then quickly threw a punch hitting him square in the face. He fell to the ground with a thud covering his nose with his hand.

"The first lesson that you will learn around here is to keep your mouth shut." I snapped. I heard a fw of them chuckle.

"Now follow me and we will start." I walked next to the General as we walked to a hall to introduce the soldiers to the weapons which the General set up earlier.

(TIME SKIP TILL FREE TIME)

I was walking over to the training room, but I ran into a particular soldier on the way he was being pushed up against a wall by tree three other soldiers.

"Hey!" I shout walking up to them. I pushed on of the soldiers to the side and see Bucky against the wall.

"Formation." I pause, they look at me with a look of uncertainty on their face. "Now!" I shout. They quickly formed a straight line.

"What the hell! To win the war we need soldiers, not little girls!" I yelled in their faces.

"Tell me what was happening right now, or you will be running laps until morning." I threatened. They all looked down in dismay but not Bucky, he was looking at me with a troubled look on his face.

"Barnes?" I said. He looked at the man next to him. The man had blond hair and brown eyes. He was smiling under his breath.

I smacked the back of his head hard enough to hurt but to not cause a mark.
"You and Barnes follow me." I said. I then lead to my cabin and then inside. I made them stand as I sat at my desk.

"What happened. Either of you tell me." I asked.

"They were picking on me," Bucky started.

"Picking on you how." I asking turning to the blond.

"Soldier tell me your name," I said making his eyes turn up.
"Why?" He asked.

"So, I know what to put this report under." He faces turned from cocky to scared.

"I'm sorry ma'am I was just messing with him." He said looking up. "I didn't mean it to escalate this much." He stood up and but out his hand to Bucky.

"I'm sorry Buck, I was just messing with you." He then shook Bucky's hand and gave me a smile as he walked out of the cabin, shutting the door behind him.

"Bucky? What just happened?" I asked as Bucky stood.

"I think you scared him." He chuckled. He pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I love you, Flo." He said swaying gently.
"I love you too Buck," I then pushed away from him and took a step back.

"Buck, I love you dearly but there are people here. If they see us, they will report it and I could lose my place. I can't afford to lose this." I say. He knew I was right. He nodded his and then walked over to the door.
"Barnes, I don't want this happening again." I said to him sternly. He smiled and then nodded his head and walked out. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.