'Chapter 19'

The rest of the day went smoothly. Steve and I shared the information we knew and Peggy showed me around. I was introduced to the different people that worked around the office including the head of the base, the main researchers, the weapon testers and finally the science man Howard Stark. I had my own desk and soon enough people were packing up. I had just finished my report on my mission stating what happened and the last things I remembered. I was proof reading the last sentence when a knock brought my eyes up from the paper. I looked up and saw Bucky leaning against the bookshelf separating my desk from the rest of the room. I stood to my feet and smiled.

"Hey Doll, how's work?" He asked sitting in the chair in front of my desk. I smiled and gently placed the paper into my draw.

"So far so good." I said.
"Well I thought that maybe Steve, you and me should go out for dinner as celebration?" He suggested. I sighed.

"Why not?" I asked. He smiled his toothy grin. I walked over to him and he wrapped an arm around my waist and lead me out of the base and out into the London air. The lights were o and multiple people were out and about. We walked down the street and into a small bar. Inside were multiple soldiers, drinking and singing along to a tune. They were off key and tone deaf but still joyful sung along to the tune happily. We moved pass these people and around the back where we found a space.
"Steve is trying to recruit people to fight with him." Bucky said. Steve then walked in and took a seat next to Bucky and smiled.
"See they are all idiots!" He exclaimed. Taking a sip of his whiskey. I remained silent as I listened to the conversation at hand.

"How about you?" Steve asked. "You ready to follow Captain America into the claws of death?" He mockingly stated. I smiled.

"Hell no," Bucky responded. "That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb to run away from a fight. I'm following him.

"But your keeping the outfit right?" I asked making Bucky and Steve look over at me, smiling at my comment.
"You know what," Steve looked over to one of his posters in the corner and smiled. "It's kind of growing on me." I chuckled. We sat in silence as we listened to the cheerful music, but all looked at each other when it started to die down and the singing stopped. We all turned towards the doorway as a lady dressed in a red dress walked through it. We all stood as she walked over to Steve.

"Captain,"
"Agent Carter," Her back was turned to bucky as he looked her up and down. I noticed and scoffed, gently slapping his chest making him turn to me. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Howard has some equipment he wants you to try. Tomorrow morning." She stated.

"Sounds good." I smiled as Peggy turned to me and smiled.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty." She smiled.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked. She didn't bother to turn to Bucky but her eyes kept on Steve.

"I do actually." She paused. "I might even, after all this is over, go dancing."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bucky chuckled. I stepped on his foot making him turn to me, pouting.

"The right partner." Her eyes not leaving Steve's.

"0800 captain." She turned and then walked away.

"Yes ma'am, I'll be there."

"I'm invisible." Bucky stated. "I'm turning into you, this is like a horrible dream!" He said taking a seat.
"I'm right here you know!" I scoffed.

"Don't take it so hard." Steve chuckled.

(TIME SKIP TILL THE NEXT MORNING)

I stood at my desk, just finishing some files. I finished and walked over to drop them off at an agents desk when I saw Steve with a blonde haired woman. They were together, making out. My mouth dropped as I turned and gently placed down the files. I then saw Peggy turn the corner and see them. I studied her face, she looked jealous. 'Holy moly, she liked Steve and here he is, making out with another woman. He is stuffed.'

"Ahem, Captain." She called out. "We're ready for you, if your not otherwise occupied." She stormed away and Steve turned to me.
"She's your woman, you choose which one." I chuckled as he dashed after Peggy. I had nothing else to work on and I wanted to see how this played out. I followed Steve quietly and meet Bucky on the way.
"Whoa, Doll who are you stalking?" He asked as I still followed Steve.
"Steve, something's going down between him and Peggy and I want to see how it plays out. We found a spot in the testing and creating part of the base and watched as Steve and Howard mingled and looked over different Shield designs. Steve then picked out a circlur Shield and held it up. I then heard the clicking of the heels come closer and Peggy appeared.

"You quite finished Mr. Stark?" She called walking closer. "I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business to attend to." Steve turned to her smiling with his new shield.

"What do you think." He asked holding the shield up. She looked at it then quickly turned to the table beside her and picked up a new prototype of gun and aimed it at Steve. He quickly lifted it to cove himself as shoots echoed through the compound. I flinched each time the bullets made contact with the shield, ricocheting off of the shield. I looked back at the two people as Steve hesitantly lifted down the shield. Peggy placed the gun back down onto the table.

"Yes, I think it works." She said bluntly.

(TIMESKIP UNTIL 2 WEEKS LATER)

After the event tat happened with Peggy and Steve they weren't talking anymore. Bucky and Steve were going out to take down a HYDRA base I was tasked with writing up the mission report for them. I kissed Bucky goodbye and they left leaving no time to waste. The mission was a success and then another HYDRA base popped up. I waved them goodbye as they left yet again to take down the base in which they did flourishingly. This cycle continued until Steve asked me if I wanted to join in on the fun.
"Come on Florence! Just one mission!" Steve asked. I caved and agreed. Bucky and I were snipers for we were the best shooters on the team. We were both quietly lying down on a clearing looking through the scope of the gun, searching for any HYDRA or Nazi agents that survived the explosion. That's when I saw him. A person dressed in black, stumbling through the rubble with a gun pointed at Steve. I pointed the shot at him and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit him, making him fall to the ground. I then looked through te sniper back down at Steve and watched as he saluted me. I smiled.

"Nice catch Doll." Bucky whispered next to me.
"Shut up! Now do your job." I chuckled sarcastically.

(TIME SKIP TILL 3 DAYS LATER)
We were back yet again after the mission which we had successfully completed with no casualties. Bucky and I were laying in bed after a night out drinking with he team. We decided to call it a night because we have another mission tomorrow and we need to savor our energy. I was facing Bucky as we both sat in silence.
"Bucky," I start, I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. "What happens if something happens to you or me or Steve tomorrow?" I asked. Bucky lifted a hand to my cheek and rubbed it softly.

"That's not going to happen doll. You are worried about me and Steve which I appreciate but you worry too much. This mission that's going to happen tomorrow will be like every other one we go and beat their asses and then come home and celebrate. Okay?" He said. I nodded and he pulls me into a short kiss.

"I love you doll," He whispered. He wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me in closer to him.

"Mine," He whispered.

"Yours," I breathed. The feeling didn't change though. It remained etching its way through me.