Chapter 17

I'm being discharged from the hospital on the seventh day of my stay, which is today. Darren was always by my side for the whole week.

Eve and Danny visited a couple of times to check on me or bring some of my favorite gummy worms. Sometimes they stay for hours just to chat with me and joke with me. It's a good thing Danny recovered fast after what Carson did to him. He recovered faster than I did. There's still some gauze wrapped around his forehead though. I bet Eve has been taking good care of him these past few days.

Darren slept on the guest bed in the right corner of my hospital room. Sometimes I pretend to sleep because he wants me to sleep first before he does, I watched him a couple of times sleeping and he is just so dang adorable.

In the morning, he leaves, then brings breakfast for me. He helps me sit up from my bed and when I want to pee or wash myself, he calls the nurse immediately because he doesn't want to see me.. well, peeing and.. naked.

Then, after I take my lunch, we just talk. We talk about random things like our favorite music, favorite books and sometimes we talk about our past relationships. I've learned that Darren NEVER had a serious girlfriend before. Beats me. It doesn't look like he never had a girlfriend before. It just shocked me. I actually felt embarrassed for having my first kiss taken when I was twelve! It was definitely an accident because I tripped and fell on the hands of some jock. He purposely kissed me, and he caught me off guard. It still was a kiss, and yet it happened in an accident. My first real kiss is with Carson. I think I was fifteen going sixteen at that time when we became girlfriend and boyfriend. Darren, on the other hand, just lost his when he was fourteen. By some girl. He didn't give me details about this girl though. It left me curious but I didn't pester him anymore since it was making him feel uneasy.

Lately, I've been seeing another side of playboy Darren. He's an amazing guy with a heart of gold. He treats girls with respect, although sometimes he can be a bit naughty.

I still can't believe that such an amazing guy just confessed to me five days ago.

It seems like a dream every time I thought about it. The way he said he loved me kept replaying in my head like a broken recorder. Actually, I was doubting that he said that to me. After he told me he loves me that day, he never repeated it anymore. He never said it again and it scared me to death that his confession may actually be just a dream of mine. However, it felt so real. Him telling me he loves me felt so right. I wanted to ask him then and there if he loves me but I'm just too embarrassed and too frightened to do so. What if he says no? What if it was all just a dream after all?

"Hey! What are you standing there for? Are we going or what?" Eve yelled from the doorway.

Danny honked his red rusty truck once more before I came back to my senses. Eve raised one brow and signaled me to sit on the back seat. I stared at Darren who was loading my stuff in the trunk. He opened the car door for me and I slowly sat on the back seat, Darren closing the door on his side. My heart started pounding on my chest as both Darren and I were seated on the back seat of Danny's red truck. The distance between us wasn't that near but it still made my whole body shaky.

"You alright?" Darren asks all pf a sudden.

"Yeah. I'm fine..." I replied softly.

The loud blasting of Britney Spears' Toxic and Eve's constant dancing was the only thing you can observe in the car.

I sighed as I turned to stare outside of the window. Darren didn't bother talking to me. He was also staring on his other side of the window. Why is everything so awkward again? I'm generally confused.

"I'm so excited!! We are finally living together! I so wanted a sister!! I can't believe I'm living with my best friend, this is going to be so awesome!!" Eve squealed, turning her head on the back seat.