Chapter 21

* Hey guys! Sorry for the sloow update! Also, I apologize if my last two chapters only have one page! I hope to make this chappie longer!! Xx, kisses only, no hugs;) love, me.

~Alexis Reed~

Eve finished telling me everything.

Every single detail.

"Uh huh. So you expect me to believe that Carson is a psycho who'd rather have me dead than see me with Darren?" I asked in disbelief.

Eve analyzes what I just said then nods her head.

"You expect me to believe you?"

"You should, Alexis. It's the truth." Eve says.

"Oh for crying out loud, you guys lied to me and you're dissing me about truth?" I spat.

Eve fell silent and Cathy excused herself from the awkward atmosphere.

"I'm going to get some drinks." She says.

"Listen, Alexis. I know.. we lied but it's not like we wanted to..." Eve reasoned out.

"You don't? Then why do it?" I sighed in frustration.

"Darren doesn't want you to have any complications..." Eve says.

"So you decided on hiding the truth to me? You do know it's going to come out soon." I replied, raising one brow.

"Yeah but for the time being---"

"Listen. I know Carson tried to rape me but he's been very kind to me! He brought me in when I was homeless--"

"Correction! You just started staying at Carson's after your operation. You were under Darren's care and custody before that." Eve interrupted.

I was?

"It doesn't matter now! Carson's been supporting my tuition fees, my living expenses--"

"Currently, Darren's been paying half of your living expenses as well." Eve cut off.

Did I just hear right?

Darren's been paying half of my living expenses?

That's impossible....

I glanced at Darren, who was silent all the time.

"I don't care who pays what! The issue here is that my best friend and someone I trust, lied to me. I don't know what to believe in anymore!" I cried, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"We're sorry, Alexis. We didn't mean to..."

"What's done is done. I don't even know what to believe in anymore! I thought... I thought... you guys can be trusted." I sobbed loudly.

"You can trust us, Alexis." Eve comforted.

"How can I? You lied to me! All of you lied to me!!!"

I saw Eve at a loss of words.

"Darren... say something." She says, jerking Darren's arm.

He gazed at me, his eyes piercing through my soul.

"Alexis.. you do understand, right? The reasons why you felt so attracted to Darren.. It's not because of his physical features-- It's because deep down there, you still love him--"

"EVE!!" I cut her off, blushing crimson. That's top secret! I can't let him know I was attracted to him-- His head will grow bigger than the last time.

I saw him smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"You get my point, Alexis? Darren loves you, I love you.. That's why we lied." Eve calmly explained.