Chapter 28

* Eve Cadillac *

"Oh, Danny." I sigh, as I place the cold glass of red liquid, shirley temple, near my lips. "This is the best day ever."

"M-Mine too!" Danny pants heavily. He's sweating like crazy.

I lean my head on his shoulder, giggling.

"You really suck at dancing."

"Hey! I did tell you I wasn't good at it." He retorts back, trying to compose himself. He already tripped and face-palmed himself on the dancefloor like twenty seven times-- and counting.

It's really sweet how he sacrificed his own pride for my passion.

"I'm kidding, Danny-poo. To me, you're the best dancer in the whole wide world!" I beamed at him, kissing his lips softly.

He was kissing me back, his hands under the small of my back when my phone rang.

He pulled away and I rolled my eyes, pulling out my phone only to see Darren's caller ID which made me angrier than before.

I mean- trust me, he's not someone you'd love easily, you know.

I mean- he's a handful. I don't know how Alexis put up with him before.

"Way to ruin the moment." I groaned, flicking my phone open and gritting my teeth. "What do you want?" I sighed heavily, my shoulders sagging.

He ruined the moment- Our perfect make-up kissing !

"It's an emergency." Darren huffed, his voice husky and hoarse like he went on thirty laps today.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling slightly nervous because of his tone of voice while Danny watches me as I talk to him on the phone.

"It's Alexis.... We're in the ER right now. A flower pot about a few feet above us fell on her head and-"

"WHAT?" I screeched,

The next thing I want to know is Alexis getting in another accident again. I mean- believe me, the first one where she forgot all about Darren was already horrible. What if she forgets all of us this time?

My face paled and I felt Danny gently squeeze my hand for comfort.

"Yeah, I don't know she just suddenly fainted and a lot of blood was lost so... I don't really know what to do. This happened before and I-"

"Darren, calm down. Okay? Everything's going to be fine." I sighed, trying to keep my own voice calm. The last thing Alexis wants is all of us to be panicking and not get anything done right, you know.

"I just... I'm scared... what if she forgets me again? I'm already trying my best to recollect her memories.. I don't want.. I don't want all that to go to waste-"

"She's not going to forget anything, okay, Darren? Alexis is a strong girl. Some damn flower pot ain't gonna erase her memories. Danny and I will go there as soon as we get off this call." I say in the calmest voice I can produce right now because to be honest, I wanted to kill that person who dropped that flower pot whether it was intentional or not. I really can't say if Alexis will forget everything again. The last time she did, we weren't even expecting any side effects to happen.

"Okay.. I'm sorry to have bothered you on your special day.." Darren says apologetically and for once, I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

"It's alright. My best friend's well being is more important. Besides, I think Danny had enough dancing for a whole year." I say, trying to suppress a chuckle.

"Okay." He sighed a relief. "I'll text you the address."

He hung up the phone and my mouth was hanging open. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I'm terrified, the past where I did nothing to save my best friend kept haunting me. Tears were trickling down my cheeks and Danny pulled me in a hug.