Chapter 18

It was two in the morning and my head is pounding.

I couldn't sleep, and I don't know why... Something is really bothering me.. but I don't know what.

I decided to go downstairs to the kitchen and drink a glass of water to calm me down.

As I reached the last step of the staircase leading to the living room, a quick, bright light suddenly emerged out of nowhere.

My head started pounding as I tried to recollect my thoughts.

Two bright lights, in the midst of a rainy evening is all I can remember. I shook my head and decided to just get my glass of water and go straight back to bed.

~

"Alexiiiiiiiiissssss!!!!" Eve screeched in a sing-song voice.

"What?" I groaned in frustration. I checked the clock-- 4 in the morning.

"What the hell, Eve?! School starts at nine." I said, hiding from the covers.

"But we should do something together since you're at my house!" Eve retorted, her lips pursed, as she pulled the blankets from my grasp.

"We can do something later after school." I sighed.

"But Danny and I have a date after school." She pouts.

"Well, that's not my problem now, isn't it?" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"But--"

"No buts, you know I--"

And then she pulls off the puppy dog face. Oh no, it's not working on me but when it's Eve doing it-- She looks so helpless and vulnerable. No, Alexis! Don't fall for that look. THAT look always give you troubles.

"Please, Alexis..." (puppy dog face)

"Oh fine!" I hissed, hastily throwing the blanket off of me.

"Yay! I've got cookie dough ice cream in the refrigerator! We should have movie nights done every morning!" She claps.

"You've got to be kidding me! Ice cream in the morning?? Movie nights in the morning??"

"That's your crazy best friend." She winks then off she goes.

I laughed inside, Really, this is what I like about Eve. She's spontaneous, fun and well, my best friend.

I followed her downstairs and made my way in the kitchen.

She took the tub of ice cream and put hefty servings in two bowls before proceeding to the living room.

"Let's go! What do you want to watch? I've got Letters to Juliet, the whole Gossip Girl series and if you want action, I've got Spiderman." She says, the bowls sitting on the coffee table and her browsing their enormous shelves filled with CDs and DVDs.

I joined her and browsed through the movies as well.

"How about 'Just Go with It'? Do you have that movie?" I asked.

"The one with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler? Yeah, let me check..."

She made her way to the last shelf and quickly searched through the CDs. It's like she's a searching machine! In a few seconds, she's got what you want. And I meant her shelves contain like hundreds of CDs and DVDs! Not just a few. Oh well, it could be because she already knew the places where each movie could have been but come on, let's be realistic, there's too many of them to remember.

"Got it!" She squealed happily.

"Let's watch it then!"

I plopped myself on the couch and she propped the CD inside the player.