Chapter 29

*Darren Christopher*

"W-What did you just say?" I stuttered, trying to fight this fluttering feeling in my stomach. God, I sound so girly right now.

"I already said it. I'm not going to repeat it anymore, you know." Alexis says softly, hiding the pink blush by gazing down and playing with her fingers. Eve and Danny were pretty much shocked too-- They were in awe, even.

"By any chance, you-"

"Regained all my memories?" Alexis interrupted, raising one brow.

I nodded my head in affirmation and a soft grin appeared on her face, showing her dimples.

"Not so much yet but I'm getting there." She replied.

I know I should still be happy that she's okay but somehow, it crushed me. I thought- well, it was too good to be true anyway.

"Oh. I see." I replied simply, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"I did remember a few things." She smiled, "Like how we met."

"Because I showed you, remember?" I told her.

"Yeah, but I was having a vivid picture of it. And I did remember some stuff like our first kiss....." She says, her voice faltering when she said the word 'kiss'.

I'm very glad she finally remembered something but I can't help it. I can't help feel... depressed. It's like, I haven't won this battle yet.

Her face hardened when she turned to me.

"What? You're disappointed?" Her voice, is obviously angry.

"Huh? No, I'm not." I replied back but it sounded less convincing than it should be.

"You are." She sighed, her shoulders slumping. "And just when I finally realized my feelings for you." Then she snaps at me, her eyes angrier than before.

"Hey, I appreciate your feelings but I can't help it if I was expecting something else."

"So you were disappointed!!" She angrily accused, face-palming herself.

Oops, I slipped then.

"Well, I'm sorry for being disappointed." I angrily spat back. I don't know why I'm getting angry as well. But I just am.

"I just said I love you and yet-"

"It's not that easy to accept the fact that someone completely erased her memory about me. Oh, maybe I wasn't even that special to her that's why she forgot me." I spat, making me flinch when I realized what I had just said.

It wasn't Alexis' fault that she forgot everything.

As crazy as it sounds, something's nagging me in my head that it is her fault.

She looks taken aback, along with Eve and Danny. I was taken aback too.

"Um, we're gonna go outside first..." Eve says awkwardly, pulling Danny with her.

The door shuts awkwardly amd I sighed heavily.

"Sorry. I didn't mean what I had just said." I say, raking my fingers through my hair.

"I can't believe you!!" She suddenly says, her two hands cupping her face as she sobs.

"Look, I--"

"GET OUT!!" She screamed, tears flowing down her cheeks like a river.

I know I shouldn't leave but it's as if my feet has a mind of its own, racing for the door.

- Alexis Reed -

I sobbed and couldn't believe he left.

I mean- what was I expecting? It was my fault... If I was extra careful back then, then I wouldn't have forgotten my memories in the first place. Then, Darren and I would be happy, having a strong relationship with one another.

I didn't want him to leave, but I was just so tired.

I got him disappointed and I don't want that.

It hurts so much to remember the look on his face when I told him I haven't remembered everything yet- well, not entirely but I'm trying my best.

I blew my nose on a tissue and wiped my tear strained face with the back of my hand.

Then the door flung open, revealing a flustered Darren.

His face is red and his eyes is dark- really dark and unreadable.

Then he quickly went to my bedside, looking at me intently.

Oh, his eyes are making me melt.

"W-What are you doing here? I told you to get out-"

No, it wasn't what I was wanting to say.

I was meaning to tell him how much I missed him exactly the very moment he stepped out of the room.

And I was glad I'm being cut off from what I'm saying which aren't my real feelings at all.

I was cut off by the warm, soft lips pressing against mine.

He pulled away, and I blushed as his gaze were intensely fixated on me.

"I love you too." He says.

"But-"

"Shhh." He interrupts, pressing his finger on my lips, "Look, I was wrong. I'm sorry. I don't care about your memories. I don't care if you don't remember them, I love you and it will never change. We will make new memories so it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you don't remember. It's all in the past."

"Do you even mean that?" I asked doubtfully. After all, it's hard to love someone who barely knows what you guys have been through.

"I do. I'm sorry. Let's start over, clean slate. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and I did not need to think twice to answer his question. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I nodded my head, wrapping my arms around him.

Darren- I couldn't ask for anyone that could be more perfect than him.

He swept me off my feet.

I've fallen for him- eversince before I was just too scared to show it, to tell him. I thought I could hide it but I was wrong.

My feelings for Darren are stronger than I'd ever known.

And if my memories is the only thing that is hindering our love then I will break it. I will force myself to remember them.

If not, it doesn't matter.

Because Darren said so, he loves me for who I am and not for my memories. He doesn't care if I forget everything, he'll continue to love me.

**

I know it's such a good ending but I hate to break it to you but it's not the end just yet. ;)

So stay tuned!!

Aryt? Vomments!

xx

kimpyvon:)