Chapter 1: Introduction.

2000 years ago a man that goes by the name of Silas was turned into an abomination of nature. A vampire. The witch that had cast this dark magic wanted to be the love of his life but quickly wasted no time in killing who ever Silas planned to turn. She locked him deep in a tomb on a remote island for revenge with a cure that could bring back his humanity. Although unknowing to the witch, Silas had also wasted no time in turning his family. His sister.

Meet Vivian. An 18 year old brunette with misty blue eyes. She turned all alone, not knowing what was happening to her. Not knowing that her brother was trapped underground in an island. No family. No nothing. Vivian managed to stay alive, learning the tricks and trades of the vampire ways. Compulsion, speed and strength. For 1000 years she was the only vampire that roamed the earth. That was until she came across a small village in Eastern Europe. Settling there but taking no part in others life's. Especially not the Mikaelsons. As their mother was a witch. An original witch.

Soon the youngest of the Mikaelsons was killed. A werewolf attack. This is when Vivian was about to flee the village, knowing the dangers it would cause to her, but Esther had already found out about her dark secret. Her true form, which she wanted for her own family so the fate that happened to her youngest son would never happen again. Another witch named Ayana helped turn the Mikaelsons family into vampires. Upsetting the balance of nature, yet again. When they began transition Esther demanded that her children be the first vampires on earth, the originals, and set a curse on Vivian. A curse of her reflection. So that she may never walk outside again without being caught. Vivian couldn't look at herself in the mirror, she called this 'Old Nicks Wink'. Her skin was pale and her veins were dark, almost black. Some would say she was hideous. This caused her to go into hiding for many years, until she found a way to break the curse.