Chapter 17: Watch My Heart Burn.

Vivians POV.

All day I had been prancing around. Doing absolutely nothing except from having a little fun with a few innocent by passers at the Mystic Grill. I thought it would be good to let loose a little before I hear the news tonight that a pretty young girl by the name of Elena Gilbert had died. Its funny you know, I didn't like Elena to begin with but now that dislike has turned into hate. The way she toys around with Damon and Stefan is just a little too Katerina Petrova for my liking. Although I didn't like Stefan that much either. For my own personal reasons. 

Roughly around 5pm so I decided to make my way down to the Mystic Grill, no doubt that Damon would be sitting at the bar drowning his demons in a glass of bourbon. Unfortunately for him his demons know how to swim, as do mine. I walked inside, spotting a familiar face at the bar, I was right, Damon was here sulking in a bottle of bourbon. Typal Salvatore. "Hello stranger" I said, sitting on the stool beside him, ordering a shot. "What do you want?" He shot back. I raised my eyebrows at his response "Someones upset" I teased. He frowned at that, "Just go away?" He said in annoyance. I grew a little angry at his manners, I thought we were becoming friends too. "I'll save you my wrath tonight, but if I were you i'd watch our for your precious Elena tonight" I shot back at him with venom. I could feel his cold stare at the corner of my eye. "Do not touch her" He warned. "Didn't say I would" I smirked, downing my glass. I looked to my side and he was gone. Salvatore's, always after the girl that everyone wants and the girl no one can get. 

After about an hour of sitting drinking on my own. I felt my phone buzz on the counter. I picked it up realizing it was Kol. "I'm here". Obviously he was ready to kill Elena. I smirked. Maybe I should make my way over there? I would quite enjoy a show, seeing as my hate for the Gilbert girl is growing every second I sit at this bar and stare into and empty glass. Sliding off of the stool, I grabbed my leather jacket, slipping it on and waiting till I was outside the Grill, to speed to Elena's.

I looked up at the Gilbert household. Something was off, it was too quiet, was Kol even here? I'm sure Elena should have been dead by now, I probably missed it damn. I was about to walk away until I heard a crash. "GET HIM JEREMY!" Elena shouted. My eyes widened, i darted to the house door as fast as I could, getting stuck at the threshold. Only to catch eyes with a worried Kol, who had just been staked in the heart by Jeremy Gilbert. I inhaled a quick breath, taking in what had just happened. Tears pooled at my eyes, he was burning. Burning right before me. I couldn't do anything about it. I was standing here, helpless as Elena and Jeremy watched him burn with accomplishment written all over their faces. I hadn't felt emotion like this in over 2000 years, it was overwhelming me. "What have you done?..." Was all I managed to get out. That was when the Gilbert's noticed me at the door. "We had to, he was going to kill us" Elena said. My face contorted into disgust. "And so he should have" I said, my voice croaking. A warm tear strolled down my face. I was shaking, in anger and upset. I had no clue what I was going to do. 

That was when I felt a presence behind me. A dark one. I turned slowly to meet face with Klaus Mikaelson. I gulped, I was scared now. I was older than him but the death or a brother could drive anyone to the point of insanity. I should know. He was looking into he house at his cremated brother on the floor. He was upset, angry, vengeful. I could tell, I was like that once. Sighing, I stepped out of his way. He grabbed my arm. "This is your fault" He said. "If my brother wasn't so infatuated with you, he wouldn't have come here. He wouldn't have DIED!" He shouted into my face. Tearing his arm off me, I stepped back. "None of this is my fault" I said, my voice almost breaking.

I sped home. I couldn't take these emotions powering over me. It was like I was suffocating in sadness. I slammed my front door shut with all my force, taking most of it off its hinges. Grabbing ornaments and throwing them at the walls in frustration and anger. The first person in over 2000 years I have shown an interest in, someone I genuinely liked, someone like me and they die. To the hands of a Gilbert!? "No!" I screamed, a voice full of tears, throwing a picture frame at the fireplace and flipping my couch over. I started to sob, dropping onto my knees in front of the crackling fire. It only reminded me of Kol burning in the house. I couldn't erase the imagines form my head. My sobs became louder, I didn't notice that Damon was kneeling in front of me now, concern on his face. "Hey..." He stroked me hair. "I'm sorry for being a dick" He said. I cried more, I couldn't bare this, I wanted to be happy. Not sad and mourning over a boy I was falling for...I was falling for Kol. "I heard...what happened Viv, I'm sorry" He said. "You aren't sorry, you are never sorry, you just take what you can get and destroy it, like your girlfriend and her brother, you don't care about me, no one does! You care about ELENA! EVERYONE CARES ABOUT ELENA, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN THAT BITCH OF A DOPPLEGANGER!" I shouted in anger. I heard his heavy sigh. "I do care Viv" He said. Why was he being like this. I looked up at him with a tear stained face. I was 2000 years old, why was I getting mad over Elena? She was nothing compared to me. I knew what I had to do. Realization dawned on Damon's face. "No, no Viv don't you dare!" He warned, holding each side of  my face looking at me. 

I had to turn my emotions off.